Dibrell Gone

Brett Vito

Just awful.

Things are so bad, they're almost past painful and into funny. I don't think you could write a bad news bears movie that's this absurd.

Now all we need is a troubled, "wrong side of the tracks," mentally challenged (perhaps disabled) athlete to show up at practice one day. Then, we can start an 8 game winning streak culminating in a bowl victory. Come on... you'd buy that movie, right?

Just awful.

Things are so bad, they're almost past painful and into funny. I don't think you could write a bad news bears movie that's this absurd.

Now all we need is a troubled, "wrong side of the tracks," mentally challenged (perhaps disabled) athlete to show up at practice one day. Then, we can start an 8 game winning streak culminating in a bowl victory. Come on... you'd buy that movie, right?

Post of the week. Brilliant. :lol:

Very disappointing news. He was a good one and will be missed. You wonder what the ramifications are to Gio who was his teammate at Alamo Heights and good friend.

Well, I don't think Gio would have come here had it not been for Dibrell. As I remember it, Gio accompanied him on a recruiting visit, more or less helping a friend.

It's a big loss from a production standpoint, and there's something troubling about this on a much deeper level.

I always hate to see good players leave, but the ONLY way this coach and his staff get this thing turn around is to get the people out of the program who don't want to be here for any reason. I mean everyone. If that means Casey and Gio (not that I think that is the case) then SO BE IT.

...Dodge is right. The entire team and staff must buy-in and believe in the program for it to have a chance of working. ...it may, in the end, not work. ...but the only chance it has is to have guys who want to be involved and complete buy-in. This season is no longer about winning, its about developing this group of people into a TEAM who trust and depend on each other. Without this base, all the added talent, added speed and new schemes in the world won't do us a single bit of good.

I wish Dibrell saw it differently, but if he really doesn't want to be here, I am glad he's gone and I think we all thank him for what he did for the program and wish him well in the future.