Riley Dodge

edcollopy

I may have missed the thread, but they were giving him a concussion test in the 3rd qtr and then sat next to a trainer the rest of the game. hope he is ok...i was hoping to see him after Vizza's 3rd pick. I'd like to see this offense when the qb is an actual threat to run more than 4 yards. tune obviously doesn't have the wheels to run this offense.

I may have missed the thread, but they were giving him a concussion test in the 3rd qtr and then sat next to a trainer the rest of the game. hope he is ok...i was hoping to see him after Vizza's 3rd pick. I'd like to see this offense when the qb is an actual threat to run more than 4 yards. tune obviously doesn't have the wheels to run this offense.

I haven't seen anything in the papers or stories about the game regarding an injury to Riley.

I saw him setting there too. Couldn't tell why. It really didn't look like a concussion discussion :) but it was something.

:) = Proud of myself for the humor of words.

How can u run when your blocking has completely broken down? Besides, do you really want to start down the concussion highway with Riley right now? My point is to not disagree with you, but if our goal is to get players experience, then let them get it. Riley's knowledge of the offense system, and his athletic ability will bend the experience curve for him. I just don't want to physically beat him up when we hopefully have a full stable of horses in the next season or two, and we can really see the results of him playing quarterback.

And, here is where the question of "Is he big enough to play QB this level" arises again. I originally thought he should take a redshirt and put on a few pounds and muscle. After the Tulsa game, I was bamboozled into thinking he'd be okay at wideout. Now...well. Let's just say he's learning that guys up here pack more of a wallop than Grapevine.

Put me back into the "he should be redshirting" camp. Otherwise, he may be injured again.