Nt Needs New Stadium To Grow

UNTflyer

Guest GrayEagleOne

Terrific article, Flyer! You are amazing in that you can keep up with your graduate studies, take on the stadium project and get married in the same time period. Congratulations on your wedding and thanks for all you have done to promote the stadium.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

foutsseatdistance.jpg

........and 33 1/2 yards away from the nearest point of the playing surface, to be exact.

Excellent article dude.

Rick

You've put that up before and it just hurts to look at every time. I wish I could have been around the day it was deliberated to put a track around the football field. I'm sure they extolled the efficiencies. When I went to Scott Stadium at Virginia the first time, I was like, 'Oh.' Nice Stadium or not, they are terrible though. However, that does not take away from the fact that a good stadium is part of the deal if you want a big-time program. (So is a big-time coaching staff.)

Do you think that new Minnesota stadium would float down the river if we try to steal it?

That's how stadiums were build back in the old days. Look at Memorial Stadium in Austin. And Kyle field in S.C. They all had tracks before the stands were extended toward the field. LSU's Tiger Stadium looked the same way. There was an old concrete wall originally, and 2 or 3 rows of seating were added in front of said wall. It was done for efficiency. two venues in one. Good idea on paper. Bad idea in the stands.

Owl...The other white meat

GO MEAN GREEN