Smu Kickoff Lunch

dodgefan

Hello Poneez, SMU was 1-11 last year, how do you guys get 900 people at that price to come to lunch? And where does the money go? UNT might could use some cash too!

Honestly, it was not heavily promoted but they had a big response. No doubt due to the excitement over the hiring of Coach Jones. But we had about 500 last year which I thought was a nice crowd. I don't think we really make much money off of the luncheon---I am sure the Anatole is expensive---and there was a major donor/sponsor. I am sure any proceeds go to the athletic department.

About twice the size as last year. I was there today and it was nicely done...a good time. What kind of "kick-off" party does UNT normally do?

Well, being just a bunch of hayseeds, we have an outdoor party on a Saturday. Bounce house for the kids, beer, and various processed sausage products.

Heard on the Ticket that SMU had almost 900 people, at $75 a pop, for their kickoff lunch today. Is it just me, or is that insane? Mabey we should do something similar?

All further topics on SMU should be posted here: SMU posts on GMG board

Any posts related to SMU football can be posted here 2 months before our next scheduled meeting.

Edited by bandgeek