Stephens Lands Another Recruit

Harry

It seems that the hiring of a new, presumably good, coach always brings initial excitement from the fans, and most importantly, from recruits. It appears the Stephans' will have a very good recruiting season. I know I'll go to more women's games this year. But let's hope that this translates to immediate wins so that this initial excitement continues into the next recruiting season. If the the girls lay an egg their first season this could all change quickly.

I guess in hind sight maybe it wasn't a positive thing to say. I actually didn't really think anything about it. I am very excited about these developments in women's basketball, and plan to attend more games for sure. The goings-on in women's basketball reminded me of when Dodge first came on board. Let me reframe my negative statement in a more positive one: I really hope that the women have a good first season under Stephans' so that the excitement and new recruit signings continue into her second season.

I had couple of fellow GMG members email me...I obviously was missing what folks were harping on me about.... in regard to the "lay an egg" comment, it had nothing to do with the female menstrual cycle. In hindsight, it was a poor choice of words and a figure of speech that really meant "to do something disappointing in the midst of great expectations." Anyhow, I hope that Stephans turns the women's program around quickly and that they have a great 2008-2009 season!

The Greendog here is excited for the first time about NT girls BB. So excited that

I bought 2 season tickets for the first time in all the years of following UNT.

Always felt that NT was not very serious about the girls team since they tolerated

Tina for 19 years. Run a business like NT ran the girls BB team and the

business would be using their Line of Credit a heck of alot or filing Chapter 11

or 13. A new era for the girls and I can't wait. Go Coach Stephens.