Fund Raising/misc Tidbits

OldTimer

NT has hired an individual who came on board about 2 weeks ago to head up fund raising for the new stadium. Staffing for that purpose is complete. meetings are going on that weren't happening 1, 2 or 3 years ago. NT is working with a group that specializes in corporate naming rights to acces the value and id and bring in potential donors.

Alonzo Horton failed to meet NCAA elgibility requirements...you can take your own mind on exactly what...which is why he won't be on our squad this fall.

Mack Cole...I was gougling yesterday on recruiting and ran across a reference to Mack that he would not be able to play and have to sit out this year...but the detailed blub article it referenced made no mention of this. I have been able to determine from NT sources that this is not true and that he will be able to play this fall.

This Saturday NT is conducting a fall camp for football prospects and are expecting some commitments resulting from this camp. Hopefully we will be hitting the web site with results soon.

The stadium is getting closer. Since we're not building some super stadium for a Florida, Texas, or USC, I am certain we'll be able to find a willing sponsor.

So what happened to this student fee we were so sure would be passed soon? I am not buying it - I think RV is just smart enough to figure out that the fan base is getting restless with the lack of information about this new stadium he has been telling folks would happen and this new information is nothing more than something to buy him more time. The mere fact that they are trying to find a corporate sponsor for this to get started, shows you how far off we really are.

This whole thing stinks to me. How does it feel Mean Green Nation? How does it feel to be the girlfriend who is waiting on the "real" commitment from her boyfriend? First he tells you he's too young to get married. Then after a few years, he tells you he's not financially stable and doesn't want to commit to anything until he can give you "the life you deserve." Then, a year or so after that, it's "I like where we are right now. What does a ring do that changes our relationship?" Face it boys and girls, we'll always be the baby momma. :P