Interesting Season Ticket Promotion At Stanford

chomp

I read about a Stanford's gimmick to increase season ticket sales, they guarantee that you will like it or you money back. Given the high octane offense that UNT is running these days, this kind of promotion would seem to be tailor-made for UNT. Has UNT done something like this before?

Purchase your NEW FULL SEASON TICKET (Offer applies to New Full Season Tickets and New Family Plan Season tickets) for the 2008 Stanford Football season. If at the end of the season you do not feel that you received your entertainment value for the ticket, Stanford Athletics will refund the price paid for the season ticket.

http://gostanford.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl...-guarantee.html

Riskeeeeee but I like the out of the box thinking - puts a litte pressure on all involved and at a minimum we get food and beverage revenue from the dogs, pizza, cokes and waters they will throw down at that Tulsa game!

GMG

since our season tickets are so cheap, this wouldn't be a bad promotion at all. sure, some would want their money back just because it's offered, but i would think that most people would certainly enjoy themselves!

since our season tickets are so cheap, this wouldn't be a bad promotion at all. sure, some would want their money back just because it's offered, but i would think that most people would certainly enjoy themselves!

Sssshhh, not "Cheap". We prefer the word "Affordable". Remember afterall, we are one of the 100 Best Buys in America.

northtexasbestbuy.jpg

Rick

For the first time in a long time, it looks like they are putting together some kind of promotion down here at Texas State. To the best of my knowledge we have never had an alumnus do something like this.

First-

Jerry Fields, Distinguished Alum and Houston business man, donated $100,000 to purchase season tickets for any recent graduate (School year 05-06, 06-07, 07-08) who wants them.

Now-

Mr. Fields is volunteering his vacation house in Aijic, Mexico (Just south of Guadalajara) to the alumni using his tickets.

"Young alumni who attend the football games will also automatically have an opportunity to win a week-long vacation for six to Ajijic, Mexico, courtesy of the Fields. Airfare and the use of a three bedroom, three-and-a-half bathroom home and transportation to and from the airport in Ajijic are included in the prize, valued at nearly $7,000. "

http://www.bobcatfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15126

Well you definitely would not get more students to come to the North Texas games seeing as how students get in free to all sporting events, although I guess you could refund tuition biggrin.gif

To be fair, I agree with Dub820's statement about refunding student tuition. Those same thoughts ring true here in San Marcos.

Edited by Chrisattsu

Well even though I attended every home game during my 3 years at UNT for free, I never left the stadium wanting my money (or tuition) returned to me because every game was truly a great experience from tearing down the goalposts to celebrate a conference championship to 2 and 3 win seasons...but hey if the school had offered to refun my tuition I certainly would not have told them no haha

So if you refund the ticket--- can you count their attendance in the NCAA figures? I doubt so.

My guess is you can absolutely count the attendance. I think if you give away tickets in a promotions to get attendance you can count that too. Someone more official on this board can tell us.

Sssshhh, not "Cheap". We prefer the word "Affordable". Remember afterall, we are one of the 100 Best Buys in America.

northtexasbestbuy.jpg

Rick

We are and its stated in numerous publications. Personally I do not see anything wrong with that. Infact I would be happy to say that for what you pay you are getting world class education. I am not sure if it is still the case but up until atleast a few years ago UT Austin would not only market out of state students for its prestigous school in itself but they always said that they are the most affordable university in the country for out of state students. Its really not that big a deal in my opinion.

Edited by Green Mean

My guess is you can absolutely count the attendance. I think if you give away tickets in a promotions to get attendance you can count that too. Someone more official on this board can tell us.

Nope. Their is an equation... something like the cheapest ticket cannot be more than 1/3 of the most expensive ticket or something like that--- to avoid that very thing, handing out free tickets to get your attendance.