When The Dust Settles

Yep, another off-season alignment posted by West is Best on the CUSA board.

When The Dust Settles...

with realingment what will the conferences look like?

PAC 12

South

USC

UCLA

Stanford

Cal

UA

ASU

North

Oregon

OSU

WSU

UW

Utah

CU

Big 10

East

UM

MSU

OSU

PSU

Ind

Purdue

West

UW

UM

Iowa

NU

UILL

Nebraska

ACC

No Change

Big 12

South

UT

TAMU

Baylor

TT

Arkansas

Air Force

North

OSU

OU

KU

KSU

UM

ISU

SEC

West

LSU

MSU

UM

Bama

Auburn

Houston

East

Tenn

Vandy

UGA

Fla

USC

UK

Big East

North

Cuse

Cincy

Rutgers

Conn

Pitt

Temple

South

WVU

UL

USF

UCF

ECU

UM

Mountain West

East

BYU

CSU

Wyo

UNM

BSU

NMSU

West

SDSU

UNLV

FSU

UNR

Hawaii

SJSU

CUSA

West

TCU

SMU

Tulsa

UTEP

Rice

UNT

Tulane

East

LaTech

USM

UAB

FAU

FIU

Troy

MTSU

MAC

Marshall replaces Temple

WKU joins as 14 team

Sunbelt

drops to old 1AA status

Edited by MeanGreen61

This all seems like a bit of a stretch to me. Arkansas isn't leaving the SEC for one. I also don't see Nebraska leaving the Big 12. That conference was practially built by Nebraska and OU when it was the Big 8. Temple was already kicked out of the Big East once, I don't see them geting back in. Just the most glaring problems with this theory.

This all seems like a bit of a stretch to me. Arkansas isn't leaving the SEC for one. I also don't see Nebraska leaving the Big 12. That conference was practially built by Nebraska and OU when it was the Big 8. Temple was already kicked out of the Big East once, I don't see them geting back in. Just the most glaring problems with this theory.

That Houston to the SEC was my most eye rolling moment.

This all seems like a bit of a stretch to me. Arkansas isn't leaving the SEC for one. I also don't see Nebraska leaving the Big 12. That conference was practially built by Nebraska and OU when it was the Big 8.

It's a bit of a stretch, but I can somewhat see Arkansas going to the Big XII. They have historical rivalries with several of the Big XII teams, and it makes a whole lot more geographic sense.

But Nebraska to the Big 10 makes no sense, for the reason mentioned above, and Nebraska is a lousy academic match for the Big 10. UT really did not want to go to the Big 8 (XII) because of Nebraska's low academic standards, and the Big 10's thinking is right in line with UT's.

Guest GrayEagleOne

We all know that it won't happen with those results but it's not really a bad lineup. There are really less than a dozen teams that would be adversely affected. With a little tweaking, it could greatly reduce travel expense, Two of the four dropped to 1-AA are more deserving than say, Kent State, Eastern Michigan and FIU, all of which iare near probation for attendance problems. I also hate 14-team conferences because it would be eight years before you can have a home game against everyone in the conference.

There's no doubt that a major overhaul could save millions of dollars in travel, boost attendance for some, and provide more revenue in the long run. The problem is greed. The haves are simply unwilling to give up any of their excess revenue each year. Although paying enormous salaries and constantly improving facilities, schools like Texas, Notre Dame, Michigan, and Wisconsin have surpluses in the 10-20 million range every year.

A playoff system, utilizing 15 of the bowl sites would make more money and get better matchups than the present bowl system. In addition, there could be anothe 10-12 bowl games for the "best of the rest". Ten 12-team conferences would make things far less complicated and greatly reduce travel expenses without harming the "big" schools to any great degree. But don't rely on the NCAA to make that change.