A New Commitment?

SUMG

I'm not sure what BVito means.....you'll see what I'm talking about....at the end of the story. Not sure if he's saying there's another commitment, or just another recruit considering NT. From the D-RC:

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/

This is the part of the story I'm referring to:

And for all of you recruiting junkies, we will have some news about a new UNT recruit that has not been reported later tonight on the blog and in tomorrow's paper.

Edited by SUMG

Guest JohnDenver

well one thing we do know, he reads this board, I don't remember anyone commenting on the blog about whether his breaking news, was newsworthy.

Well, since he reads this board (from his blog):

"Yea, it's going to happen. Your right, it does to every school out there."

v30q6VkphbE

I think he actually did a great job of illustrating where recruiting stands as far as the head-to-head battles with our regional rivals.

I can't be really concerned with this news. Sure these were 'desired' players or else Coach Dodge would not have offered them, but most of these losses are either for positions where North Texas should already be fairly well equipped for the next few seasons, or not necessarily a good fit for the current system (DL Marquis Frazier seems to be a LB /DE for a 3-4 defense).

At least we are recruiting and winning battles against the Big 12 and CUSA schools and not against La Tech and the Southland schools.

well one thing we do know, he reads this board, I don't remember anyone commenting on the blog about whether his breaking news, was newsworthy.

A couple of UNT fans have questioned today whether players committing to other schools who had offers from the Mean Green is news.

Well, I guess I'm one of the guys he's talking about since I posted the link to his "breaking news" story and questioned the headline at the same time.

Brett, come on, thicken up that skin. If you're going to come to this forum and read you need to be prepared for some criticism. That headline was a bit, well, over-the-top and dramatic. I wasn't questioning the newsworthiness of your story, just the way you presented it. While Darius Johnson (and I don't want to take anything away from him) is a three-star Rivals prospect, his size (5'10", 160) and his Jr. year stats don't really excite me. He has great speed, but he doesn't really have his mailbox stuffed full of scholarship offers.

That's why I report it when a player commits to another school that has a UNT offer. It's a gauge of how UNT is doing. Plus it is relevant news at this time of the year. If UNT lands a player with a host of offers from other schools, we report it, just like we did with Riley Dodge last year.

I hear what you're saying but I don't think Darius Johnson is a Riley Dodge (of course, I could be wrong) and, according to Rivals, he only had interest from us and SMU. That's hardly a "host of offers from other schools".

I appreciate your research on the head-to-head recruiting stats and your coverage of UNT sports but you need to stop being so sensitive about comments you read on gmg. (Yes, I know some of the comments are pretty harsh, but the ones you're questioning were legitimate IMO.)

In fact, why don't you just come out of the Mean Green closet and trade punches with us in the open?? You're obviously spending a good deal of time here so it couldn't be against DRC policy to post could it?