Too Little...too Late?

it is 7 years later Hurley and Stallings can only be blamed so much now. This stadium debacle should now fall firmly in the hands of RV and his so-called Fund Raising staff who have have done very little to date to garner additional big money support.

While we are at it lets go ahead and blame Lee Jackson and his failed attempt at expanding a new campus.

it is 7 years later Hurley and Stallings can only be blamed so much now. This stadium debacle should now fall firmly in the hands of RV and his so-called Fund Raising staff who have have done very little to date to garner additional big money support.

While we are at it lets go ahead and blame Lee Jackson and his failed attempt at expanding a new campus.

Completely agree - let's not hang this on Hurley or Stallings, unless they had a hand in getting this current AD staff we currently have.

We were doing so much better with Norval Pohl as our prez and main supporter of Mean Green Athletics. He did so much for our school in such little time.

Interesting comment. I'm curious how we were doing "so much better" with Norval Pohl than we are now with Gretchen Bataille?

Anybody still on board for building a "green" stadium??

Depends on what type of "green" you are speaking of. If "green" from an ecological standpoint, then we have a larger finacial problem - we seem to be having a hard enough time raising enough money to built it standard - if you make it a "green" one, go ahead and add 10 - 20 million more if not higher. Probably one of the better "green" builders in town works in our building, and he says that it is more expensive by far to build "green" than it is to build standard.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Anybody still on board for building a "green" stadium??

I gather from much of what you've written on the"Non-UNT Sports" forum that you have no use for environmentalists, such as myself, who proudly acquired the academic credentials of my environmentalism at the UNT (then NTSU) Geography Department over 30 years ago (yes we were taught that global warming-I think we called it the Greenhouse Effect then-existed, and would be a big problem-they were right, except that didn't predict how bad it is getting). By the way, have you read "The Great Warming"; it might give you pause, if you're opposed to radical political and societal shifts. However, "green" stadium? My employer, one of the large area cities, has one green building that I'm convinced is just something to give "green building" a bad name. It may have energy saving aspects, but is so far from where anyone from any other part of the City that any savings in electrical consumption is surely outweighed by the fuel required to drive there for classes (it's main use). A rational approach to a stadium construction project might be along the lines of what Texas' greatest architect, O'Neil Ford, an old Denton guy, did, using native materials (acme brick?) and climatic considerations to create designs such as Little Chapel in the Woods, Denton Civic Center, the Emily Fowler Library, and the Tower of the Americas. Of course, he was roundly despised by many of the little J. Edgar Hoovers of the day. Really, I would be more pleased if the stadium was designed to encourage use of public transportation to some extent, and functioned well for All it's designed purposes (yes, I do want a multi purpose stadium that can be used for concerts-I think good acoustics could do some good for football crowd noise as well as musical performance).

Just my (what I think your words would be) tree hugger opinion.