Forget Ut, Ou, Atm, Tt, Osu And Ua

The above mentioned will never vome to Denton or play SMU or TCU again as long as they have their annual Metroplex game. This will satisfy the fans in this area and aid their recruiting. Intrastate games are good for recruiting and this plus increasing travel expenses may improve the possibility of a Metroplex championship for the three area teams. We need to explore more games withRice, Houston, UTEP and Baylor. To get thje "Big Boys" we will need to agree to the idea oa a 2 for 1 contract until we reach their level of prestiege ala Tulsa/OU, ULM/Arkansas, etc.

The above mentioned will never vome to Denton or play SMU or TCU again as long as they have their annual Metroplex game. This will satisfy the fans in this area and aid their recruiting. Intrastate games are good for recruiting and this plus increasing travel expenses may improve the possibility of a Metroplex championship for the three area teams. We need to explore more games withRice, Houston, UTEP and Baylor. To get thje "Big Boys" we will need to agree to the idea oa a 2 for 1 contract until we reach their level of prestiege ala Tulsa/OU, ULM/Arkansas, etc.

I agree with you, for the most part. However, there is no way that I'd want us to have the kind of deal that ULM has with Arkansas.

I agree with you, for the most part. However, there is no way that I'd want us to have the kind of deal that ULM has with Arkansas.

Yes, we must not pimp ourselves like ULM did to play their bogus "home" game with Arkansas in Little Rock, or ASU's bogus "home" game with Missouri in Kansas City.

I do agree the teams making deals for JerryWorld will not come back into the Metroplex again to play us those years. We need to expand to look at other teams in the region that may want to recruit the metroplex. Teams within a reasonable distance that could give us a home/home like New Mexico, UTEP, NMSU, Colo St., Memphis, USM, Tulane, UAB, Ole Miss.

Who are the other majors in the Metropplex with large groups pf alums/fans that would come to Denton for a 2 for 1, Besides the service acadamies and Baylor how about LSU, Alabama, Tennessee, etc. Yes the 2 for 1 should not be at a neutral site. We are trying to increse our attendance.

I would love to see UNT go after a one for one with Penn State even if we only have a 30,000 seat( NEW) stadium. They keep their gate and we keep our gate. They get exposure into the DFW high school talent pool and we charge $45.00 per ticket making about 1,000,000 on ticket sales. 30,000-8,000(students)=22,000. Then there is parking and concessions not to mention the media exposure both local and national. I think they would do it but it might take 10 years out unless we get a lucky break with scheduling.

No need to worry, doesn't anyone else remember RV telling us at a booster club meeting about 5 or 6 yrs. ago that UNT would no longer play any team not willing to come to Denton for a return game . So any day now look for the 2010 scheldue to feature home games with UT. Okla., LSU, and Ark.

Yes, I seem to remeber some RV comments to that effect, but I do not think I recall that being "exactly" the way it was put...I think it was more like UNT needs to be in the position that they would not play someone who would not come to Denton to play...I think it was in the context of where he wanted to see & UNT go...not where it was at that point....More in the context of "witin 5-6 years UNT SHOULD be in the position....." Obviously UNT and the Mean Green nation is not there as yet...and it is also the responsibility of the Mean Green nation. IF...and it is a bif "if", Fouts had been filled with Mean Green Nation members and visiting team fans on a regular basis during the last five-six years, the story line just might be different, and also UNT may be well ojn the way to opening...not just building...that new stadium. It is a "TEAM" sport, and I think the fans are part of the team. If you want it to happen, get onboard with the Mean Green nation and help it happen by filling Fouts.