#118 ASU

Others of interest

#18 SMU

#46 TCU

#51 Tulsa

#96 Louisiana Tech

Coaching salaries & contracts

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/SalariesContracts.htm

NT needs to move way up this chart if we ever plan on holding on to Dodge or any other coach. Then again, if you factor in cost of living, UNT would be tops in the SBC or just behind Troy.

NT needs to move way up this chart if we ever plan on holding on to Dodge or any other coach. Then again, if you factor in cost of living, UNT would be tops in the SBC or just behind Troy.

Middle Tennessee is a pretty inexpensive place to live as well, but yes, we need to be able to triple Dodge's pay after our first big season if we plan to keep him around.

There is no such thing as mid-major.

You've got the six BCS leagues. You've got the MWC and to a lesser degree CUSA, then the WAC, then the MAC/Sun Belt (taking note that there is overlap between tiers).

Yet there are only about 10 FCS schools that spend what the MAC/Sun Belt spend.

Of course there is a simple mathematics issue that will always remain in play.

If you were to cut the Sun Belt, MAC, and poorest WAC schools the end result is that the differences within the remaining schools is magnified.

There will always be haves and there will always be have nots. The NFL and NBA have each taken deliberate steps to cure the gap and yet there remain some franchises much more valuable than others on a consistent basis and there remain franchises more successful than others on a consistent basis.

The ugly truth is that if the bottom tier schools among the wealthy cannot purchase the chance to be successful by buying games from programs with fewer resources and they have to play more top quality games, their limited current success will seem like a fond memory as they become even less successful and find drawing support more difficult. For example, Baylor has won 12 games the past three seasons. What is their program like if they don't get to play the seven lower caliber programs they defeated in that span? They're winning percentage against "peer" schools is 0.160 against the lower caliber it is 0.700.

The support gap though is far more pronounced in college basketball. The worst drawing FBS school drew 6.2% of what the best drawing team put in the stands in basketball the worst drawing Division I school drew 1.2% of what the best did.

The 30 lowest paying schools are Division 1 in name only; playing the sport only to annually pad the schedules of colleges with bowl ambitions. Sure they may have limited success in their own little ponds and occasional upsets of legitimate Division 1 schools, but their budgets display either an inability or an unwillingness to adequately fund their programs.

Some schools cannot afford to move out of that category, North Texas, one of the largest colleges in the country, chooses to be there. It's what we refer to as The Problem.

For some reason, I knew this was coming. :whip:

That's the only way SMUt makes any Top 20....they buy their way in! $$

You gotta figure J.J. better make something out of nothing QUICKLY. The high rolling alums down there are watching the life support($$$) very closely.

You gotta figure J.J. better make something out of nothing QUICKLY. The high rolling alums down there are watching the life support($$$) very closely.

Did anyone read that contract?

How do they come up with $261,000 with my sorry math I came up with $266,000 which would move us up a couple of slots.

But more importantly I thought the incentives were pretty sorry.

$1000.00 for each week UNT is ranked in the Top 25 in either AP or coaches poll.

Holly Shit if we crack the top 25 the incentive should be one hell of a lot better then that!

I think they need to add at least one zero to that. Can you imagine the publicity?

But all the incentives seemed light to me, for a head coach in NCAA D1a football.

The contract

Edited by Green Gas