Denton Chapter Of N T Exes Hosts Picnic

NT1978

NEWS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

NORTH TEXAS EXES

Contact: Jim Hobdy, Publicity Chair, Denton County North Texas Exes

Denton Chapter of the North Texas Exes hosting a picnic on Saturday, April 26.

The Denton Chapter of the North Texas Exes will host a picnic on Saturday, April 26th, from noon until three pm. The picnic will be at the Exes Center on campus and the center will be open for tours. All Exes members and their guests are invited to attend. Drinks will be provided by the Exes and attendees are urged to bring a picnic basket with the food for their family. A prize will be awarded for the best North Texas decorated basket. A grill will be available for those wanting to cook hot dogs or hamburgers.

In addition to the picnic, the Exes will conduct a drawing for the lucky winners of all the prizes being awarded in the Scholarship Raffle, including a grand prize trip for two to Hawaii. Prize winners do not have to be present for the drawing. Scholarship raffle tickets, proceeds of which go for UNT scholarships, are $10 each or three for $30. Tickets may be purchased from any member of the Denton Exes Board of Directors or at the picnic prior to the drawing.

You have never seen better odds to win a great grab bag of goodies!!! Football stuff, trips, all kinds of stuff that are one of a kind grabs!! I have bought tickets and I am going to buy more! Yes, I am partial to the success of this group!! But the real success will benefit generations of students at UNT!!

Yep, I done screwed up the release. It should be $10 each or 3 for $25. As to the date, we wanted to not have two activities at the same time. Besides, we will be selling raffle tickets at the Green and White game. If any of you want to order tickets by phone, just give me a call at 940-387-8935.

I know I have said this before...BUT...for those who want to have a real say in what goes on with the Denton Exes Chapter...come join us...I cannot believe anyone would believe that the board did not consider the 12th as a possible date. It was most definitely considered and, as drex pointed out, for more than one very good reason, it was decided that it would be best to not have a conflict with the spring game. Again, as drex pointed out...tickets for the raffle will be available for purchase at the game on the 12th. Come on out and support the Mean green at the spring game AND support the Exes in their effort to raise scholarship dollars for UNT students! It's a real WIN-WIN situation.

By the way...are you serious about wanting to help the Exes grow and develop...Well, now is your chance...elections for new board members/officers of the Denton Chapter will take place THIS MONTH! Why not step up to the plate and stand for election? Heck, you too could earn the right to carry the title of "He/She who can be blamed"! Just kidding about that title, but if you read the posts on this board you might not think it is too far off base! :lol:

Send me a private message if you are interested in being part of a great organization that has helping to make the UNT Exes one of the best alumni associations in the coutry as one of its top priorities...you would definitely be welcome as alumni interested in doing as opposed to just "talking about what someone else should do" are ALWAYS welcome!

It is a great group of Exes, but new ideas and new energy are ALWAYS welcome! Send me that PM if you are interested and I will get right back to you. Also...if you want to help raise scholarship dollars...send me a PM and I can help you purchase those scholarship raffle tickets...you could also give drex a call...I think he left his phone number in an earlier post!

GO MEAN GREEN...GO EXES!!!!