Football: Unt Defense Shows Promise

LAZER

Defense held the offense early on when UNT tried running the ball on several third and short situations. Vizza would have torched the secondary with completions, but what NO one is saying is that, the DB's were called for interference and holding on at least 3 or 4 times with the first team on double moves by the WR's.

First team OL had Vizza scrambling but still was able to make plays.

I love the DL and LB intensity but the DB's are going to get torched if they do not improve.

Cam was huge yesterday. The new kicker was about 50% on true field goal, but the wind was really blowing.

First punt attempt of the season was blocked. The depth drops off quickly at so many positions on defense and especialy now with so many OL hurt or not on campus yet.

The third team stuff was all walk-ons except for a few.

Considering no OL experience and that the ball was NOT moved for interference and defensive holding, I was really surprised how well the offensive looked. Just my worthless opinions.

Defense held the offense early on when UNT tried running the ball on several third and short situations. Vizza would have torched the secondary with completions, but what NO one is saying is that, the DB's were called for interference and holding on at least 3 or 4 times with the first team on double moves by the WR's.

First team OL had Vizza scrambling but still was able to make plays.

I love the DL and LB intensity but the DB's are going to get torched if they do not improve.

Cam was huge yesterday. The new kicker was about 50% on true field goal, but the wind was really blowing.

First punt attempt of the season was blocked. The depth drops off quickly at so many positions on defense and especialy now with so many OL hurt or not on campus yet.

The third team stuff was all walk-ons except for a few.

Considering no OL experience and that the ball was NOT moved for interference and defensive holding, I was really surprised how well the offensive looked. Just my worthless opinions.

Not so worthless in my opinion. Interesting observation about the db's. Guess that Dodge may need all those new ones he recruited.