Usa Vs Butler And Wku Vs Drake

Even though the seeding wouldn't bear it out I think WKU has the better chance to pull off an upset. Drake is perimeter oriented team, much like TSU only better at it, so they could fall victim to the "live by the 3, die by the 3" curse. Additionally I think WKU is just plain a better team that South Alabama...though their two match-ups would say otherwise. I think South Alabama may just have a team makeup that gives the toppers fits.

---I was at NT during the MVC (Missouri Valley) era and Drake was a conference member. The MVC has been under-rated regularly since the 70's breakup with Louisville, Memphis, NT, and Cincinnati leaving. I hated to see this matchup... I am pro Sunbelt with still some feelings for the old MVC teams. Bradley, and Wichita State has done well for the MVC lately with a lot of upsets in NCAA play. I thought Drake deserved to be rated higher. I am thinking S. Alabama has the better chance to win..... and picked them.

Drake and Butler are pretty evenly matched opponents. Although, Drake did beat Butler recently on Butler's home court.

I actually think WKU is playing better ball than S Alabama right now and probably has the best shot for an upset. The Drake/WKU game should be a dandy.

It's a shame that WKU and SA had to draw Drake and Bulter. I would have rather seen them play Clemson, Michigan St, Miami (fla), West Virg or any of the major programs seeded at 5 and 7.