Vito

Dodge2007

Guest 97and03

There you go again. Introducing reason and logic into the discussion. After a while, you're going to really piss some people off. B)

I do my best! I am really wanting to only post Quoneresque funny posts, but I keep messing it up. I just can't help myself. Stupid UNT Master's degree, teaching me critical thinking skills!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please note the bold and underlined words in your post. It is a blog. And just like every other blog in cyberspace, it is full of opinions. That is why it is a blog.

Remember to analyze news articles that appear in the DRC or DMN through a different lens than a blog that appears online. A blog is supposed to be an informal media.

The fact of the matter is, the reporter that covers UNT for 2 of the 3 major newspapers in the DFW area is Vito. So UNT Athletics needs to have a working relationship and give the man information. I am not claiming that they don't do that. I am just stating how it works.

Didn't know the DRC qualified as a major newspaper. :huh:

Guest 97and03

Didn't know the DRC qualified as a major newspaper. :huh:

Well... :ermm: It does only because it is likely the 3rd largest paper in the area. No facts, just an assumption. And it is the major paper for Denton!

Plenty of the comments and editorial stuff comes from his articles, because he's a columnist moreso than a beat reporter these days.

People say they don't want rah-rah fluff. How about this article (note: not a blog)? This would be Brett Vito as a columnist:

Brett Vito: Dodge Needs Support Now More Than Ever (October 8, 2007)

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/....14e2169da.html

So do you guys hate that one? Pure fluff.

An example of an actual journalistically sound article from Vito:

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/...4.51712fbe.html

I think the main problem is that we have ONE guy attempting to fill 3 different roles of columnist, beat reporter, and blogger. And while blogging might be a more informal medium to you or me, most of the big time beat reporters who blog still manage to keep their tone in the blogs strictly informational. Leave the snide comments to idiots like Galloway.

I do my best! I am really wanting to only post Quoneresque funny posts, but I keep messing it up. I just can't help myself. Stupid UNT Master's degree, teaching me critical thinking skills!

Don't worry. Eventually you learn to bury your master's degree and just make dick jokes all day. Critical thinking has no place here.

Guest 97and03

Don't worry. Eventually you learn to bury your master's degree and just make dick jokes all day. Critical thinking has no place here.

One day, I will be a TY contributor. I swear this!