Arrogance At Smu?

RETSO

I never want to cause hard feeling to another person, because of course I am a people person. I do think another team that NT competes with for recruits is a concern. I don't wish any team North Texas plays to have good luck, get better recruits or any good coaches. I want them to do miserable and have a horrible team. I want North Texas to win. Maybe that makes me a poor sport...maybe I just like to win. NT has had a tough time in athletics for about as long as SMU and I am tired of it. I hope everyone else stinks an NT wins a National Championship.

Nothing wrong with that, though I think I'd rather beat their best team. By a lot. I want a UNT team that can play anyone's best, not hope for everyone else's worst. If that makes sense.

Yes, actually I did meet him at a reception after the press conference. And he struck me as a really nice person.

And I still haven't figured out how anything that happens at SMU should concern someone from UNT. We are receiving well wishes from our conference mates as well as others around the nation. But, apparently not from our neighbors to the north.

I've always equated "meeting" someone when they are "on stage" at a public event as "KNOWING" them too. Maybe that works for you. He may be a great guy but I'll visit with you in a couple years and see if it all pans out. I had no hard feelings toward JJ prior to him coming to SMU. But now that he's one on the SMU alumni payroll......he's a target of my competitive spirit. All in good clean and highly energetic competition!! I was around when UNT (Hayden Fry) beat SMU and I was around when (UNT) Dickey beat SMU. I can't wait to add one more coach from UNT to the list! Go Dodge!!

You can't lose what what you never really had. If SMU gets some kids that have a verbal with us who cares. We pay our coaching staff to recruit. I am sure Dodge knows the kids that might be swayed by JJ and will continue to remind them of why they selected UNT. I bet all college coaches would tell you recruiting isn't finished till the ink is on the paper.

In the grand scheme of things I hope to have a ton of these threads in the future involving bigger programs than SMU. Hell, if we can't handle a little competition with SMU then we best fold up shop right now.

Edited by scotty474

ugh! That information is certainly something that calms me down. I just hope the game is good tonight to take my mind off of your question!!

Sorry about that. Apparently the entire BBall team has the flu, so I guess your mind is not soothed.

As for SMEW, I'm surprised they didn't throw all that money at Gary Patterson. Jones is definitely an upgrade for their program, but they aren't likely to have much of a recruiting class this year. Does he have many of his assistants hired yet? Those are often the key to recruiting, especially for someone who lacks local contacts anyway. He'll just have to make do with whoever is there now and maybe some slim pickings, and hope he can recruit well in the future.

That gives TD another year to try and build a beach head in the region before JJ and SMU can bring their resources to bear. The best scenario for NT would be if SMU were to waste full rides on a weak recruiting class, rather than saving a few extra ones to use next year. :)

Sorry about that. Apparently the entire BBall team has the flu, so I guess your mind is not soothed.

As for SMEW, I'm surprised they didn't throw all that money at Gary Patterson. Jones is definitely an upgrade for their program, but they aren't likely to have much of a recruiting class this year. Does he have many of his assistants hired yet? Those are often the key to recruiting, especially for someone who lacks local contacts anyway. He'll just have to make do with whoever is there now and maybe some slim pickings, and hope he can recruit well in the future.

That gives TD another year to try and build a beach head in the region before JJ and SMU can bring their resources to bear. The best scenario for NT would be if SMU were to waste full rides on a weak recruiting class, rather than saving a few extra ones to use next year. :)

No, my mind is certainly not soothed tonight. What a dismal showing in the Super Pit. I really appreciated the Pit Crew though. What a great group of students! How can we get more of them out? But after losing that bad, I think I am getting the flu now too!!

Edited by GreenExes