How Josh White Stands

Against the two best players in the Sun Belt, Bo McCalebb and Courtney Lee when they were freshmen:

Josh White through seven games: 7 starts: 17.9 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 0.8 apg, 0.7 spg, 54% Field Goal Percentage, 57% 3 pt. Percentage, 81% Free Throw Percentage

Next Leading Scorer - Collin Dennis 13.0ppg

Bo McCalebb - 31 Games Played, 15 starts: 13.1 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 2.0 apg, 1.4 spg, 44% Field Goal Percentage, 31% 3 pt. Percentage, 61% Free Throw Percentage

Next Leading Scorer - Johnell Smith 12.5ppg

Courtney Lee - 31 Games Played, 31 starts: 14.9 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 2.0 apg, 1.8 spg, 45% Field Goal Percentage, 40% 3 pt. Percentage, 72% Free Throw Percentage

Leading Scorer - Anthony Winchester (now deceased and who's eternal soul haunts the Super Pit) 17.9ppg

White's shooting percentages are off the charts...as much as I would love them to stay this high I doubt they will. I know I've harped on it, but those assist numbers bug me...especially to see Bo handing out 2 per game (a number that has gone up throughout his career despite seemingly being the only UNO scoring option). In order to finish below Bo's freshman scoring average, Josh's scoring average would have to drop to 11.5 ppg for the remainder of the season, and I don't see that happening.

McCalebb and Lee are the most prolific four year players that have come through the SBC since I've been in school in 2001...and right now Josh White is posting comparable or better numbers...what a find Johnny! This kid will be something really special.

OK...the Anthony Winchester deceased reference is a bit of an inside joke...and I suppose if you were unaware of the joke its probably a bit jarring.

Since Winchester's last second running 3 pointer, which LittleMeanGreenMan has so kindly( <_< ) posted and placed me back into therapy, I have claimed that the ghost of Anthony Winchester haunts the Super Pit as UNT has lost numerous games on last second shots...most recently Bo McCalebb's 3 pointer at the buzzer.

The most recent update on the Great White Hype is that he is playing for Burgos of the Spanish Gold League.

chris_burke.jpg

"I,I,I apologize for all the...uh...confusion."