Good Things About The Loss

marc_moffitt

I am surprised at the "deer in the headlights" start that NT has had in the last two games. NT played a very good offensive game tonight in the second half, the defense gave up too many easy shots; but UT is going to do that to most teams. White was fantastic, as was Wooden in the second half. Bell had his best game of the year, if only he could start hitting his outside shot. I think NT could do very good against UT in a rematch on a neutral court at the end of the season.

There has been talk of White being freshman of year in Belt, he might do a lot better than that. White is definitely a point guard, but I would like to see more Bell at point and White on the wing. UT may be the only team on the schedule that can equal NT's athletes. This should be a fun year, already making plans for Mobile.

Edited by GrandGreen

Adam McCoy????? Am I the only one who thinks he deserves more playing time? I think he brings more to the court then Thompson.

Yo may want to look at McCoy's stats before making this call. They are horrendous. He shoots 30% from 2 point land and 12% (2-16, ouch!) from behind the arc. I believe that he is biggest disappointment so far from the signing class. Don't get me wrong, I truly hope he can get things in order (and believe he will - hopefully around tourny time :D ), but NOTHING about his play suggests he deserves more time at this point. Thompson, on the other hand, moves strong to basket to create charity stripe shots where he makes 75% of them, and shoots 41% for 2's and 40% for 3's. Thompson (and Dennis) need more time in my opinion, not less.