Maybe Next Year Will Be The Year...

NCMeanGreen

Then go away until NT starts winning and then comeback and say I've been with the program since the begining of the Todd Dodge era. You are right there with Dodge2007 and have earned a spot right next to him.

hmm in typically alumni fashion, criticism is not allowed and you're labeled an outcast, yup we have so many fans that we only need those that drink the Great Green Koolaid that TD served up as well as RV.

Still small-time thinking, but I have come to expect nothing less from my alma mater. Helwig is gone but the petiness and small timeness remains 6.5 years later.

Like the old adage says..."PROVE IT ON THE FIELD"!!!

Well...the only thing we have proved this year is that we can lose in miserable fashion!!! :angry::(

I am still a big supporter of TD and think that he is going to do great things for us. however I think that his Mulligan season is over, the bar has been set now we have to raise it. All of us on here want the same thing, and so does Dodge. At the beginning of the season we were all saying the same thing, 2 wins, three wins, not many of us predicted much more than that. We got our wish, and Dogdge still hs our footbal team. He will be better next year and so will the team.

If we do end up 2-11 again, then what happens then?

I am still a big supporter of TD and think that he is going to do great things for us. however I think that his Mulligan season is over, the bar has been set now we have to raise it. All of us on here want the same thing, and so does Dodge. At the beginning of the season we were all saying the same thing, 2 wins, three wins, not many of us predicted much more than that. We got our wish, and Dogdge still hs our footbal team. He will be better next year and so will the team.

The bar may have been set, but you can only go up . When you lose to the worst team in the nation you now become the worst team in the nation. Even the team with now the longest losing streak in the country ( SMU ) owns a two touchdown win over NT. Thank goodness for a gutsy effort by Mean Green basketball which really DESERVES the support we gave all year to a non performing FB team. Go Mean Green --Beat UT on FSNSW this Wed. AS FOR FOOTBALL PASS AROUND THAT GREEN KOOLAIDE ONE MORE TIME, AND LET'S GIVE A TOAST TO DENNIS PARKER AS WE AGAIN WATCH WHAT HAPPENS AT THE NEXT GAME @ DEATH VALLEY. There should be some real good excuses coming from that one ---120+ if mercy is shown!!!!!!!!!!!

---I supported Dodge replacing DD who played a very dull game and no longer could win and had ticked off the fans. At least no one complains about the unimaginative offense anymore this year.... I thought we could win a minimum 5 games and still think we should have. Dodge has had his "free pass".... He needs to improve greatly next time.... The Belt is rapidly improving* but he needs to get back to .500 in this league or there will be a lot of unhappy natives around Denton....

*The Belt is now reguarded as a stable conference and is recruiting better and giving some "name" teams some pretty good games and even a few wins against them. We should have defeated SMU, Navy, Arkie State and FIU and ULL.... well at least 4 of that group. Several we lead into the 4th quarter but could not keep them out of the endzone... awful defensive play..

Like the old adage says..."PROVE IT ON THE FIELD"!!!

Well...the only thing we have proved this year is that we can lose in miserable fashion!!! :angry::(

So you have only been a fan of UNT for four years then, right? Because all the other ones lately have been bad, some worse than this.

Yes, I said worse than this, because as bad as this season was; there are some highpoints that we can build on for next season.

Was it in DD's first or second season that we won our conference? No, it will take time. So give TD a little respect by showing him some patience.

The bar may have been set, but you can only go up . When you lose to the worst team in the nation you now become the worst team in the nation. Even the team with now the longest losing streak in the country ( SMU ) owns a two touchdown win over NT. Thank goodness for a gutsy effort by Mean Green basketball which really DESERVES the support we gave all year to a non performing FB team. Go Mean Green --Beat UT on FSNSW this Wed. AS FOR FOOTBALL PASS AROUND THAT GREEN KOOLAIDE ONE MORE TIME, AND LET'S GIVE A TOAST TO DENNIS PARKER AS WE AGAIN WATCH WHAT HAPPENS AT THE NEXT GAME @ DEATH VALLEY. There should be some real good excuses coming from that one ---120+ if mercy is shown!!!!!!!!!!!

Gee I remember when the Cowboys were the worst team in the nation and they beat the Redskins for the single victory of the season while the Redskins ended the season 10 - 6, they came in 3rd in the NFC East when it still have 5 teams. Did that make the 1989 Redskins the worst team in the nation?

Using false logic is a sign of a weaker mind.

More like even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Gee I remember when the Cowboys were the worst team in the nation and they beat the Redskins for the single victory of the season while the Redskins ended the season 10 - 6, they came in 3rd in the NFC East when it still have 5 teams. Did that make the 1989 Redskins the worst team in the nation?

More like even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

FIU= 1-11 SMU= 1-11 Neither were exactly the Redskins and I had season tickets for that Cowboy season. At least you could see that better times were ahead and never did that team lose decidedly to two big time losers like SMU or FIU--perfectly sane logic to see who is the WORST team in college football. If you still believe the BS you have been fed don't be talking about weak minds as you must surely live in a glass house. In 40 years of watching NT FB this has to be the worst defensive performance in history yesterday--a team on a 23 game losing streak with a second string QB and you lose by 19 !!! You must have a never ending supply of the Green Koolaide.

I wouldn't be throwing around insults with an argument as weak as the one you're making. UNT was No. 4 in ESPN's Bottom 10 when they lost to FIU, which was No. 1. The Mean Green can make a strong case for being reverse national champions. Though we won twice, we lost to two of the one win teams -- SMU and FIU.

The only teams that might take the title from us would be one-game winners Duke, Minnesota or Idaho. Sagarin has all three ahead of us and SMU and FIU slightly behind. I suspect that the college football magazines next year will not be kind.

---I supported Dodge replacing DD who played a very dull game and no longer could win and had ticked off the fans. At least no one complains about the unimaginative offense anymore this year.... I thought we could win a minimum 5 games and still think we should have. Dodge has had his "free pass".... He needs to improve greatly next time.... The Belt is rapidly improving* but he needs to get back to .500 in this league or there will be a lot of unhappy natives around Denton....

*The Belt is now reguarded as a stable conference and is recruiting better and giving some "name" teams some pretty good games and even a few wins against them. We should have defeated SMU, Navy, Arkie State and FIU and ULL.... well at least 4 of that group. Several we lead into the 4th quarter but could not keep them out of the endzone... awful defensive play..

As long as NT remains at the top of the SunBelt recruiting list under TD, we have a good reason to be optimistic. Right now, our 2008 recruiting class is far ahead of any other Sun Belt team.

Before the season started, I said that I would give TD and staff a full 3 or 4 seasons before judging any success/failure. I based this comment on the assumption that it would take 3 or 4 seasons for TD's recruits to fully mature. For the most part, I still stand by this.

While I fully support this team and staff, there is no excuse for the kind of defensive performance we have seen this year. I refuse to believe that the talent level on the defensive side of the ball was so bad, that we would easily have the worst defense in all of 1A.

But, I have full confidence that when the season is reviewed by RV/TD, adjustments will be made as necessary. If the adjustments require shifting around responsibilities, or even going outside the current staff for help, then it will get done.

Have faith boys. It should be an interesting offseason.

Then go away until NT starts winning and then comeback and say I've been with the program since the begining of the Todd Dodge era. You are right there with Dodge2007 and have earned a spot right next to him.

Bash me if you want sir, but what I am suggesting is that (and I agree with other posters here) the honeymoon is over, and TD needs to produce. The wins at SLC are history...he now needs to prove himself as a winner at NORTH TEXAS. He cannot, and we should not let him, continue to ride on those victories. Again, all I am saying is we all have heard so much (and, yes, the facts do show) that he was a proven winner at SLC...but can he now prove to be a winner at NT!??

Further, I think you have taken an ill-advised tactic to bash an NT fan. Really, who the heck are you sir to judge me? Not that I have to defend myself, but I have been a fan of NT since 1992. As a matter of fact, I used to work in the athletic department, and have followed and supported this team through the good and bad times.

I am fairly certain that this program needs all the help and support it can get. And, you are naive to think that fans are only going to be positive and have nothing negative to say. I, and other fans as well, have the right to be disappointed in not only the loss to FIU but the season in general. The loss to FIU, in particular, shows that the we have not played to our full capability. Coaches? Players? Doesn't matter, really, we were lousy this season.

Now, I could drink the almighty green kool-aid and declare this a sucesful year, and look at all the positives. The point is, it does not matter until TD and company can prove themselves winners.

Of course, maybe all of this debate does not matter. Maybe we have resigned oursleves to accepting that we are one of the worst teams in all of the FBS, and mediocrity is acceptable.

Again, excuse me for thinking we could do so much more with our program...

Then we would have either ended the season fresh off of a bowl loss or a bowl win (I assume the Toilet Bowl match-up between the two worst schools in the country??) in which we were actually invited to a bowl game with a 1-11 or a 2-10 record. B)