This Was Arguably The Easiest Schedule We've Had

gangrene

to SMU and FIU...you're welcome for giving you the only victories of your 2007 season...consider it our Christmas present to you.

I hope this season will be just a bad nightmare this time next year. That's all I have to say.

This by no means was an easy schedule this year, it was one our hardest in years.

Well one of you has to be wrong

Either of you care to back it up with some stats?

I'm not sure as to the strength of the schedule, but we know we let 1-3 games get away from us

I did it several time this year already we have faced 4 top 25 rated offenses this year and the average total offenses we have faced this year from last has gone from an average rank of 75 last year to 40-something this year. I have to redo the stats tomorrow. But that is a huge difference.

I did it several time this year already we have faced 4 top 25 rated offenses this year and the average total offenses we have faced this year from last has gone from an average rank of 75 last year to 40-something this year. I have to redo the stats tomorrow. But that is a huge difference.

Just look at the Belt stats that will tell you everything you want to know.

I did say this was arguably the easiest schedule we've had in years. Maybe the SBC is better but we're a lot worse and our OOC games certainly weren't as tough as some of the past years. I'd never expect us to beat OU and Arkansas (of course I'd love it if it happened) but Navy (even this year) and SMU are teams we should beat and we should NEVER, EVER be satisfied with losing, much less being blown out, by our SBC opponents.

You can post all the stats you want to regarding how great our competition was this year compared to previous years, but it won't change my opinion. We gave two very bad schools their only victories of the season. That's not like giving Baylor or Minnesota or some other BCS conference school a victory.

Might that have something to do with our miserable defense?? Did those 4 top 25 offenses move into the top 5 after they played us???

I did say this was arguably the easiest schedule we've had in years. Maybe the SBC is better but we're a lot worse and our OOC games certainly weren't as tough as some of the past years. I'd never expect us to beat OU and Arkansas (of course I'd love it if it happened) but Navy (even this year) and SMU are teams we should beat and we should NEVER, EVER be satisfied with losing, much less being blown out, by our SBC opponents.

You can post all the stats you want to regarding how great our competition was this year compared to previous years, but it won't change my opinion. We gave two very bad schools their only victories of the season. That's not like giving Baylor or Minnesota or some other BCS conference school a victory.

OU (beating the #1 team in the nation at the moment), Arkansas (beat the LSU when they were #1 in the nation), Navy (came into the game against us ranked #1 in the nation in rushing), SMU (sucked but that was their do or die game ). Troy (Ranked 19th in total offense going into todays game and ranked 38th overall in CBS poll) and FAU (Ranked 48 in total offense) which is as strong as many of our out of conference games in years past.

By the way we used to play one or two D1aa teams a year. And before anyone says it Western Kentucky is classified as a provisional D1a team this year.

Believe what you want, but nothing seems to support your opinion.

Might that have something to do with our miserable defense?? Did those 4 top 25 offenses move into the top 5 after they played us???

Maybe :o but still we had a tough year and no I don't think we should have lost to FIU or SMU. But the years of all the teams in the belt being ranked in the 100 - 119 mark but us seem to be over.