Women Now 5-2

MidState (from Wichita Falls), now 0-3, was surprisingly tough and aggressive and had it tied at 37 at the half. They got tired (just three on the bench) but never quit.

Gotta say, Slinker's players took chances and got burned sometimes (trying long 3's and making some long passes into the lane that got stolen), but they show a tremendous amount of enthusiasm for each other. They're winning, too. If you haven't been out to one of their games yet, give it a try.

MidState (from Wichita Falls), now 0-3, was surprisingly tough and aggressive and had it tied at 37 at the half. They got tired (just three on the bench) but never quit.

Gotta say, Slinker's players took chances and got burned sometimes (trying long 3's and making some long passes into the lane that got stolen), but they show a tremendous amount of enthusiasm for each other. They're winning, too. If you haven't been out to one of their games yet, give it a try.

Thanks for the score----

I'll be at the SMU game. But, I've got to tell you, your description (bad passes, ill advised 3 point shots)......I've seen 19 years of that kind of basketball.

And, don't let this record fool you. We should be 6-1 or 7-0...we've played so many patsies. Our last two wins, were over NAIA or Division II schools, and we struggled in both of them.

We'll see how well the team does against OU....this week.

Winning by 10 over a div. 2 team with 9 players on the squad and none over 5'11 is not very good. For the record Midwestern State is 0-3 with the other two lossesto Lynn by 22 and to Barry by 13. Yes, Lynn and Barry are colleges.

True, it wasn't ever pretty. It was pretty scary most of the time. We got owned numerous times in the meanness category. Then again, Wichita Falls is a pretty rough place.

Winning by 10 over a div. 2 team with 9 players on the squad and none over 5'11 is not very good. For the record Midwestern State is 0-3 with the other two lossesto Lynn by 22 and to Barry by 13. Yes, Lynn and Barry are colleges.

Lynn and Barry sound like Methodist Church choir directors.. who are married.

Too much negativity. The ladies have won five straight. We smacked TAMU-CC. Didn't SMU beat them by only single digits? Give them a chance before you start talking.

Count me in with this sentiment. Winning is better than losing. Winning, but not in the way some would want, is too often considered the same as losing. It's not.

Team: We won!

Cynic: Yeah, but you only beat a high school-caliber team. You'll lose the next one.

Team: We won again!

Cynic: Yeah, but the way you faded in the last three minutes is typical Slinker ball. The next game will show how doomed every Slinker team is.

Team: We won again!

Cynic: Yeah, but I've watched this team every year since 1857, and Slinker's a perpetual loser. As long as she's the coach, no good will come. You'll see.

Team: We won again! We're 5-2 now!

Cynic: Yeah, but ...

And on and on and on and on and on and on. Don't you people ever get tired of being cynical? Just wondering.

Too much negativity. The ladies have won five straight. We smacked TAMU-CC. Didn't SMU beat them by only single digits? Give them a chance before you start talking.

I'm behind the girls team, have been ever since 1992, my last yeat at NT. But I'm tired of Slinkerball. She has been a good soldier and did not raise a stink, when she could have about Title 9. But she is by far the worst bench coach I have ever seen. That is the reason there is so much negativity about the girls program. Once she faces a team with a decent coach, who makes adjustments she folds and sucks her thumb.

She has had way, way, way too much time to turn her program into a consistent winner. NT has had five Football coaches, and four Men's basketball coaches during Tina's time at NT. We've dropped Men's Soccer & Men's Tennis and NT has added Women's soccer, Women's swimming and diving and Softball all while still having Tina Slinker as the girls hoops coach.

I'm behind the girls team, have been ever since 1992, my last yeat at NT. But I'm tired of Slinkerball. She has been a good soldier and did not raise a stink, when she could have about Title 9. But she is by far the worst bench coach I have ever seen. That is the reason there is so much negativity about the girls program. Once she faces a team with a decent coach, who makes adjustments she folds and sucks her thumb.

She has had way, way, way too much time to turn her program into a consistent winner. NT has had five Football coaches, and four Men's basketball coaches during Tina's time at NT. We've dropped Men's Soccer & Men's Tennis and NT has added Women's soccer, Women's swimming and diving and Softball all while still having Tina Slinker as the girls hoops coach.

5-2 is a pyrrhic victory for the team. they beat UA Monticello Navy SHSU TAMU-CC and Midwestern State. Sounds like real title contenders. Beat some big time teams and do it consistently. Then we will be happy and there will be more than 40 people at a game

5-2 is a pyrrhic victory for the team. they beat UA Monticello Navy SHSU TAMU-CC and Midwestern State. Sounds like real title contenders. Beat some big time teams and do it consistently. Then we will be happy and there will be more than 40 people at a game

I know how aggravating it can be when mere facts get in the way of an argument. Too bad.

Myth No. 1: Everybody else in the Belt is beating great teams and we're just beating online diploma mills.

Fact: North Texas is the only Sun Belt team that has played seven non-exhibition games so far. Four Belt teams have W-L records that add up to a better percentage than North Texas: South Alabama (5-1) and MTSU, Troy and ULM (all 3-1).

The teams that the other Belt leaders have defeated are UMo-Kansas City (3-3); Tulsa (1-5); Ohio (1-2); Tennessee Tech (1-2); Houston (2-5); Arizona (2-4); Kennesaw (4-4); McNeese (1-8); Centenary (1-4); and Texas State (3-2).

Message: Every other winning Belt team is beating poor to mediocre teams.

Myth No. 2: Our poor performance explains our poor attendance.

Fact: Women's hoops in the Belt draws very small crowds, period. The other Belt leaders have played a total of five home games so far. Attendance figures are 556; 403; 325; 305; and 2,614, the last for MTSU versus Tennessee Tech, an in-state rivalry. Later, when they're playing teams from many states away, you'll see numbers around 200-400.

UNT's numbers are 421, 245, and 411, consistent with the others.

Message: Attendance at UNT games is no different than any other regular Belt teams.

Sorry if this doesn't fit into the "we suck the most of all" narrative that is looping in many people's heads.