Why I Am Even More Excited About This Program

the real grad88

1. Going to the Navy game made a huge impact on me. We lost the game, and everyone is sad about that, but that game showed me the real potential of this program. I can't tell you the excitement I felt to watch this offense in action. Good grief, I would not want to try and defend against Dodge's offense. It's not just the scheme, it's the attitude and the pace. I think it is going to be overwhelming for our Belt foes when this ship really gets out of the dock.

2. We have the legitimate potential of being the leading football program in the metroplex. We had over 26K show up to watch a one-win team at the end of the season! That tells me how hungry our fans are to turn the corner, and they believe Dodge is going to take us there. Even though we lost, I don't think many fans left disappointed. I think they left encouraged. I did.

3. And a Plummish point: I had not been back to Denton in a while. The growth of this region and the univeristy is going to help this ship rise. The new people coming into the area don't have old mindsets and attitudes about UNT. They see it for the evolving potential that it is, which is enormous. They are excited about being in a college town like Denton and see UNT through new and fresh eyes.

4. The UNT-OSU basketball game tells us a lot as well. This ship IS RISING in all areas. If I were CUSA, I would be watching UNT very closely. We very well could be the future marquee team that they need in the metroplex. Troy State will never be who we are becomming, in spite of their recent winning ways. The region they are in just is not as attractive to a conference as the North Texas region. We are the leading economic center in the nation, and that is going to play a huge part in future developments.

How is that for an optimistic post!

1. Going to the Navy game made a huge impact on me. We lost the game, and everyone is sad about that, but that game showed me the real potential of this program. I can't tell you the excitement I felt to watch this offense in action. Good grief, I would not want to try and defend against Dodge's offense. It's not just the scheme, it's the attitude and the pace. I think it is going to be overwhelming for our Belt foes when this ship really gets out of the dock.

2. We have the legitimate potential of being the leading football program in the metroplex. We had over 26K show up to watch a one-win team at the end of the season! That tells me how hungry our fans are to turn the corner, and they believe Dodge is going to take us there. Even though we lost, I don't think many fans left disappointed. I think they left encouraged. I did.

3. And a Plummish point: I had not been back to Denton in a while. The growth of this region and the univeristy is going to help this ship rise. The new people coming into the area don't have old mindsets and attitudes about UNT. They see it for the evolving potential that it is, which is enormous. They are excited about being in a college town like Denton and see UNT through new and fresh eyes.

4. The UNT-OSU basketball game tells us a lot as well. This ship IS RISING in all areas. If I were CUSA, I would be watching UNT very closely. We very well could be the future marquee team that they need in the metroplex. Troy State will never be who we are becomming, in spite of their recent winning ways. The region they are in just is not as attractive to a conference as the North Texas region. We are the leading economic center in the nation, and that is going to play a huge part in future developments.

How is that for an optimistic post!

I really think this will turn out to be the greatest era of UNT sports, and the best time to be a fan of North Texas. I see us rising up out of the bottom and within the next 6-10 years becoming an perennial top 25 football team. To be part of the transition to becoming a powerhouse priceless.

I really think this will turn out to be the greatest era of UNT sports, and the best time to be a fan of North Texas. I see us rising up out of the bottom and within the next 6-10 years becoming an perennial top 25 football team. To be part of the transition to becoming a powerhouse priceless.

I agree, KingDL1 and to the good post by "the real grad88."

Yet we have the biggest piece of the puzzle that must be soon found among the mix of all the puzzle pieces and that largest piece be put in place soon; that is, UNT must have its new football stadium between Interstate 35E and Interstate 35W be put in place by the 2010 football season (or no later than 2011) and I think all that is most probable.

And from the above post by "the real grad88" and his #3, I don't think any of that "the real grad88" is anything so original from my keyboard, but I do like "your" own illustration about the ship. All this is truly like watching the tide go out and then come back in higher than it ever has in our athletic history to raise this Mean Green ship to new levels. No matter how many we draw the Saturday after Thanksgiving, we seem to have set a new bar to reach at the turnstiles that I think will be reached & improved upon with each of the following seasons in Mean Green Country.

Growth is always a positive no matter how you slice it and we (finally) seem to have made it a positive at UNT and for that I know myself and many, many others of you commend the entire UNT Athletic Dept starting with UNT AD Rick Villarreal all the way down to the departmental secretaries for each varsity sport.

As we all know, there is much more that still needs to be done and some adjustments most likely to be considered and possibly made, but we seem to have those who are now sensitive to doing the things that need to be done and I'd bet we have those who will be smart enough to make adjustments when adjustments are absolutely neccessary.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen