Unt's Dodge Denies Allegations Of Racism

NT80

Is that why that several Sr. have been told that the spring term will not be paid for under their ships?????????????????

Maybe now he will rethink his actions

I'll call you to the carpet. The players you seem to reference either are bitter or do not know the rules applicable to scholarships. A scholarship can not be pulled mid-year (i.e. semester) except in extreme circumstances. Grades could be issue but that would only be if the school kicks the student athlete out. NCAA only requires a 1.8, while obviously most schools require a 2.0.

Again a Scholarship is a contractual for a FULL ACADEMIC-YEAR.

There is way to much mis-information being tossed around.

If you want strict academics before sports, have a talk with the UT-Martin Tennis Coach, he requires his players to carry > 3.0 in order to retain their scholarship for the next year.

UNT players have it pretty good for the most part.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll call you to the carpet. The players you seem to reference either are bitter or do not know the rules applicable to scholarships. A scholarship can not be pulled mid-year (i.e. semester) except in extreme circumstances. Grades could be issue but that would only be if the school kicks the student athlete out. NCAA only requires a 1.8, while obviously most schools require a 2.0.

Again a Scholarship is a contractual for a FULL ACADEMIC-YEAR.

There is way to much mis-information being tossed around.

If you want strict academics before sports, have a talk with the UT-Martin Tennis Coach, he requires his players to carry > 3.0 in order to retain their scholarship for the next year.

UNT players have it pretty good for the most part.

Sorry Bowler but the first line in the body of the awards letter states “or until your eligibility runs out”. Most coaches do pay for the year but some schools tell you upfront that the ship is for 4 years or what ever. Case-in-point Cal will ship you for 4 years if you red shirt the last year is on your dime. The word around the locker room is that they are going to use this clause. So I must say that I agree with KBJ on this one.

Sorry Bowler but the first line in the body of the awards letter states “or until your eligibility runs out”. Most coaches do pay for the year but some schools tell you upfront that the ship is for 4 years or what ever. Case-in-point Cal will ship you for 4 years if you red shirt the last year is on your dime. The word around the locker room is that they are going to use this clause. So I must say that I agree with KBJ on this one.

Thanks Coach for the clarification. ;)

Edited by untbowler

You know what I love the most about you? Logical consistency and making a cogent argument are NOT prerequisites for your sarcastic rants.

FLF- This isn't high school! These guys have never coached the college athlete and that is soooo different!

Anyone else- Uh, I think George was a college player.

FLF- (In full backpedal) That doesn't count! That doesn't count! That was 1AA. Besides, that was 15 years ago. That's relevant. No, really, it is.

Anyone else- The difference between dealing with 18-21 year old men's egos in 1AA and 1A is what again?

FLF- It's something, I just know it. I know I'm not a blithering idiot just out to make any and all controversies about the coaching staff and how unfair we were to Darrell Dickey.

Anyone else- Uhhh, what in the hell does anything you have to say have to do with a player with an attitude problem?

FLF- Everything! Cuz the coaches should be in the film room! Just trust that there isn't a WIDE chasm between the two sides of my logic leap on this one.

Anyone else- Umm, ok...we are still talking about the merits of running to the NAACP when you get benched with the story of "I was suspended for saying the word 'hood'", right. I mean, that is still the topic at hand isn't it? When did that become a phenomenon exclusive to 1A teams and when did that begin to have ANYTHING to do with North Texas exclusively.

FLF- You fools! Can't you see that this problem is indigenous to North Texas because of the President and the Athletic Director! People cry racism anytime a high school coach is hired!! Haven't you been paying attention to history!

Anyone else- What?

FLF- This isn't high school! These guys have never coached the college athlete and that is soooo different!

And the vicious mind numbing circle continues.

This post is right on the money. This guy stirs the pot just to get off on the debate that will follow. Anyone that gets suckered in is just making his day.

Schemes don't do you any good if one of your corners doesn't follow instructions. Take that to the film room.

You're right.

The best players and gameplans are entirely worthless if the players aren't disciplined enough to follow instructions. The best gameplans and teams fall victim to teams that play as a team and have the discipline to continue doing so.

Who provides the discipline? The coaches, and this is done through interpersonal, one-on-one interactions and through group interactions, the same ones that happen everyday at practice and that should be carried to and from the classroom. None of this happens in the film room.

Here's the stunning hypocrisy of this board. At the beginning of the season, you couldn't scroll two posts without getting hit with a "Where's Dominique Green? Why isn't he playing?" comment. Now, he's expendable...a mere back-up with an attitude problem. Seriously.

Not to be unkind, but given the way the UNT defensive backfield has performed this season, anyone who wants to make a case against a particular player could do so. Changing your opinion based on performance is not hypocrisy.

You know what I love the most about you? Logical consistency and making a cogent argument are NOT prerequisites for your sarcastic rants.

Anyone else- Uh, I think George was a college player.

FLF- (In full backpedal) That doesn't count! That doesn't count! That was 1AA. Besides, that was 15 years ago. That's relevant. No, really, it is.

Anyone else- The difference between dealing with 18-21 year old men's egos in 1AA and 1A is what again?

FLF- It's something, I just know it. I know I'm not a blithering idiot just out to make any and all controversies about the coaching staff and how unfair we were to Darrell Dickey.

Anyone else- Uhhh, what in the hell does anything you have to say have to do with a player with an attitude problem?

FLF- Everything! Cuz the coaches should be in the film room! Just trust that there isn't a WIDE chasm between the two sides of my logic leap on this one.

Anyone else- Umm, ok...we are still talking about the merits of running to the NAACP when you get benched with the story of "I was suspended for saying the word 'hood'", right. I mean, that is still the topic at hand isn't it? When did that become a phenomenon exclusive to 1A teams and when did that begin to have ANYTHING to do with North Texas exclusively.

FLF- You fools! Can't you see that this problem is indigenous to North Texas because of the President and the Athletic Director! People cry racism anytime a high school coach is hired!! Haven't you been paying attention to history!

Anyone else- What?

And the vicious mind numbing circle continues.

You forgot to call the President and Athletic Director "Carnival Barkers".