I've Got An Idea

KRAM1

I've got an idea. Why don't we all step back, take a deep breath and give all the "attacks and counter attacks" against the coaches and the players a rest on this board. My guess is that each and every coach and each and every player is doing the best they can at this point to win some games this season. But, college sports (any sport) is not a situation where everyone gets a ribbon or a trophy for just showing up like in T-Ball, PeeWee Football, Youth Rec Soccer, etc. It's a tough "job", and no one goes out to lose, EVER! It's a new year with a new coach, with some coaches new to D-1 football, some new players and a pretty different situation than what we saw last season. Players KNOW the drill when new coaches arrive and coaches know they will be the ones who get blamed. This is a "new year" and it is a rebuilding year. How can anyone not realize that? Expectations, on this board, were set way too high as far as wins and loses were concerned for this year, so just step back and take a breath. We do not need to get on to personal attacks against players or coaches. No one goes out to lose on purpose. I have seen lots of thiongs that make me think we are on the path to being much better. Everyone here can remember when we beat Troy, but now Troy seems to be the "top dog" in the Sunbelt. Things change. Love or don't love DD, but everyone realized that something had to change. It did. So, let it develop. Give folks a chance to get things set the way they want them before you throw folks under the bus.

Everyone on this board is a MEAN GREEN fan or they would not be on this board and would not "care" so much about what happens to the team , its players and its coaches. But, folks have started attacking members of the board for their posts, coaches for not doing what they think they should be doing and players for either not playing up to some standard set on the board or even for not quitting the team. WOW!

Think about it, and let's get back to "talking football" and MEAN GREEN sports of all kinds and leave the personal attacks out of it. That's my say...what say you?

I've got an idea. Why don't we all step back, take a deep breath and give all the "attacks and counter attacks" against the coaches and the players a rest on this board. My guess is that each and every coach and each and every player is doing the best they can at this point to win some games this season. But, college sports (any sport) is not a situation where everyone gets a ribbon or a trophy for just showing up like in T-Ball, PeeWee Football, Youth Rec Soccer, etc. It's a tough "job", and no one goes out to lose, EVER! It's a new year with a new coach, with some coaches new to D-1 football, some new players and a pretty different situation than what we saw last season. Players KNOW the drill when new coaches arrive and coaches know they will be the ones who get blamed. This is a "new year" and it is a rebuilding year. How can anyone not realize that? Expectations, on this board, were set way too high as far as wins and loses were concerned for this year, so just step back and take a breath. We do not need to get on to personal attacks against players or coaches. No one goes out to lose on purpose. I have seen lots of thiongs that make me think we are on the path to being much better. Everyone here can remember when we beat Troy, but now Troy seems to be the "top dog" in the Sunbelt. Things change. Love or don't love DD, but everyone realized that something had to change. It did. So, let it develop. Give folks a chance to get things set the way they want them before you throw folks under the bus.

Everyone on this board is a MEAN GREEN fan or they would not be on this board and would not "care" so much about what happens to the team , its players and its coaches. But, folks have started attacking members of the board for their posts, coaches for not doing what they think they should be doing and players for either not playing up to some standard set on the board or even for not quitting the team. WOW!

Think about it, and let's get back to "talking football" and MEAN GREEN sports of all kinds and leave the personal attacks out of it. That's my say...what say you?

is that supposed to be things or thongs? if it's the later, then let me know where you're sitting. :D

Edited by Green Crazy

Sounds good to me. I think the frustration comes from our expectations. Despite what some of us said, I think we all expected a considerably more successful first year of the Todd Dodge Experience. I know I did and it was unrealistic. Let's just relax and observe, what we all hope to be a solid foundation, being built.

Green Crazy...If it's THONGS I want to know where they are too! Dance Team, Cheerleaders?????? Sorry, just my poor typing skills. In case you have not noticed, I do such things often as I use the Columbus method of typing...oops, showing my age...I mean keyboarding...the "search and find" method! :lol: Nice to see you are reading my posts so closely! B)

Wow, new head coach, new offensive and defensive sytems, staff new to college game, many young players at skill positions, losing record, several embarrassing blowouts.

Who could have predicted that?

What to expect in 2007

If you are terribly disappointed with the season so far then you simply don't follow the program closely. This is a rebuilding year and could never have been seen as anything else. Fans with football knowledge expected these results. The "fire this person" and "that player sucks" tantrums that are posted on this board are merely ill-informed enthusiests venting their frustration.

I'm with KRAM. I've not posted much lately, particularly after the Troy beating; that was depressing. But this is a GAME, people. Played by young men, the vast majority of whom will get their educations and go on to be productive members of our economy and society outside of the SPORT of football. Let's ease up on the pressure being placed on them. They are all winners, just not in the stats. My spirits rise and fall with their play but that is my individual right to care or not care that much...they have no responsibility for my sanity. Their only responsibility, IMHO, is to give their best effort on game day. None of them are perfect and we should not expect perfection. I was there when they were losing, I was there when they were winning, and I'm still here through another round of tough times. I support them and I ain't goin' nowhere. Well, maybe I will go to the refrigerator and drink a beer to them and Johnny Cash!

Guest JohnDenver

I support them and I ain't goin' nowhere. Well, maybe I will go to the refrigerator and drink a beer to them and Johnny Cash!

Wiser words have rarely been spoken..

I will do the same.

Great post, Mark. I couldn't agree more.

I think the thing that is driving people nuts here isn't the overall record, it's the play by play record on the field.

...We show no defense since the first game, not as a result of the talent, as many have wrongly suggested (64th ranked D last year...) and we haven't managed to adjust much. Troy played a bad game and still destroyed us, and suddenly because they turned over the ball a few times, many are acting like the Defense is fixed. There has been very little defensive improvement and other than 3 quarters of ball, we haven't modified the schemes once this year. I may have been too hasty to call for the D-Cord's job, and I have admitted that, but I think many of us are just looking for some improvement week to week. I'm not seeing it. Many aren't seeing it. It's disheartening.

...perhaps the more disturbing thing coming out of THIS game (and last) however, is that we have shown a good offensive run early in the season, and now that there is enough film on what our non-adjusting offense does, nobody is having much trouble slowing it down. For the first few weeks, it was easy to say “Ok, Defense needs work, but if this is how our Offense is going to go, we’re in business soon enough…” NOW suddenly we’re sucking wind on both sides of the ball, and I don’t believe it is a talent issue.

So while my Knee Jerk from last week was too much and over the top, I think what I am saying here is representative of how MANY of the fans feel. I am tired of being told how those of us who are expecting a little improvement each week “expect too much” and “don’t really follow this team too closely”. …it’s the old “If you don’t agree with me, you’re just a dumba$$” mentality that gets peoples hackles up.

…if you want people to stop griping at each other, perhaps the right people to talk to are those who feel the need to act like anyone who wants a little improvement from week to week isn’t a real fan and who’s posts don’t fit the “give the coaching staff a COMPLETE PASS FOR A YEAR” mold, and give NT fans a place to vent a little bit.

…however, I could be completely wrong, but those are just my $.02.