The D Will Turn It Around

H-towngreen

I'm not going to throw out numbers and stats nor bitch and moan about the players or coaches or even playcalling. But the D will get it together, this is a tough, proud group of kids. They have been the backbone of this team for years. And now they are stumbling. They will get it together, as will the coaching staff. Different players are being given time, trust them, let them do their jobs, players and coaches. As I stated I have no reason other than a feeling, but they will turn it around. None of these players or coaches are happy with how they are performing. No one wants to be thrown under the bus like the D has been. They will turn it around. Now how about we show up and let them now that we support them.

LETS GO D!!!!!!

The kids are talented, and do have a lot of skill. But, lets call a horse a horse. The defensive scheme is terrible. I dont know how much lapse is due to the move from the 3-4 to the 4-3, but we do know that we have one less speedy linebacker on the field. As for getting it together, these players are already together. They just need a better scheme. I know there are lots of opinions about Coach Mendoza, but a missed play or two in the games so far really made a difference. I believe in these kids, and will hope for improvement for the rest of the season. I'm on the bandwagon for next season anyway?, so as much as it hurts...let's see what Coach Dodge can do for the rest of this year. I know the D will give up some points, but it will be a blast watching Vizza get better each week.

GMG!!!

WOW, that took long. This post was meant as support for the entire defense, including coaches. How about for just a few days we stop bashing and just support. I'm gonna steal the slogan that everyone uses every post season becuase...well I'm just not very creative.

I Believe in the D

say it with me now

Edited by H-towngreen

WOW, that took long. This post was meant as support for the entire defense, including coaches. How about for just a few days we stop bashing and just support. I'm gonna steal the slogan that everyone uses every post season becuase...well I'm just not very creative.

I Believe in the D

say it with me now

H-Town I feel your pain. (Hmmm, I can't even type H-Town without thinking of that really really really bad R&B group from the 90's...but I digress. No, really, they were bad. I mean Color Me Badd kind of bad. We're talking LFO bad. But back to the subject at hand) Med is just callin it like he sees it. The defense is bad. Not H-town bad mind you, but still pretty bad right now. It's like watching your 4 year old play soccer. He/she will probably dribble toward their own goal, maybe even score on it, and just look generally lost out there as 14 kids all chase a ball around the field in a big herd. They're your kid so you still support them telling them "good job" and "nice effort" when they come off the field but it's clearly not the way joga bonita was meant to be played. It doesn't make you a bad parent to realize this, or even to point it out to others. Likewise we're not bad fans for saying the defense is b-a-d bad right now.

You know you had "Knockin' da Boots".... just admit it.

Exactly!!! Thats a classic right there.

I know what he was saying, but I would just like to see everyone or anyone for that matter just come out and say "Yeah our D has been horrific, but they will straighten it out." Whether they believe it or not. I'm just getting tired of all the bashing of the D. No matter the topic thats what it turns to. Just asking for a little optimism here.

Lets Go D!!!