Sun Belt Conference Roundup - Week 3

MeanGreen61

I read a lot in the media about how necessary and huge for the Belt a big win over a BCS team is. Is anyone else getting the impression that once it happens, they actually play it down...a LOT?

Maybe it's just my Sun Belt-flavored Kool-aid.

It works like this

Sun Belt "We're getting better"

Media "You've not won any significant games"

SB "What about these wins"

Media "You've not done it consistently"

Now win a few consistently and it goes like this

SB "How about all these wins"

Media "It's one thing to do it a few times, but that's not like playing an eight game [insert favorite conference here] schedule. You can't do that."

SB "Of course we can't we'd have to be in the [insert named conference here] to play a full schedule."

It works like this

Media "It's one thing to do it a few times, but that's not like playing an eight game [insert favorite conference here] schedule. You can't do that."

SB "Of course we can't we'd have to be in the [insert named conference here] to play a full schedule."

Perfect rendition of an ass whip topic. As long as you're outside of a BCS conference, you can never win long term with the media. Past examples of former Non-BCS media darlings now turned after thoughts: BYU, La. Tech, Utah, Marshall, Fresno St, *soon to be Hawaii

Edited by Green Lantern

I read a lot in the media about how necessary and huge for the Belt a big win over a BCS team is. Is anyone else getting the impression that once it happens, they actually play it down...a LOT?

Maybe it's just my Sun Belt-flavored Kool-aid.

I can't be lumped in with that. I talked up the Troy and FAU win all over the country and SIRIUS radio! I actually took a call from a Troy fan on Friday night after their win. I do my best to spread the Belt and more importantly North Texas word all over the country.

It works like this

And if you do get admitted to a BCS conference it looks like this;

Former Sun Belt: "Look, now we're winning in a BCS conference."

Media: Either "That league is down this year" or "Yeah but you don't have the established history of winning that the other teams in your conference do"

I can't be lumped in with that. I talked up the Troy and FAU win all over the country and SIRIUS radio! I actually took a call from a Troy fan on Friday night after their win. I do my best to spread the Belt and more importantly North Texas word all over the country.

What channel on Sirius?