Off The Bottom 10 List...

NCMeanGreen

this is my favorite part......... UL-U-Pick 'em (0-4). Some people can't stand this guy but I think he's funny.

The original Bottom 10....was written in the 70's or 80's, by a newspaper writer named Steve Harvey (who now writes for the LA Times).

Anyway, his column appeared weekly in newspapers during the football season. Back then, UTEP was horrible, and he used to call the school:

The University of Texas at El Intercepted Paso.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Temple used to be in the Big East....but aren't any more. I think they landed in the MAC.

Yep, Temple played football in the Big East at one time. I believe that they are charter members of the Atlantic 10 for all other sports. Since they weren't full members of the Big East, it was much easier to kick them out. The MAC took them in as a football member only, giving them 13 competing in football. I can't think of another conference that would do that.