Meager

Dodge2007

Meager earned his start in the rotation. Great game against SMU. HE had the HIGHEST of HIGH'S but also the lowest of low's all in the same game.

I have been a starch supporter on this board for DM and have been called a Meager Mom and everything else under the sun. DM will continue to start and don't ever expect another kind of stat game like this again. Don't judge Daniel by his stats, lets judge Daniel on wins and losses. Give him his fair chance and then we'll see how things go. He must find a way to win this type of game against SMU and I am the first to admit it. STATS alone don't cut it. Meager will keep his job with consistency and winning.......end of story. Give him his chance and we'll see what happens. Great job DM.

DM must find a way to win these types of games because this was our game to win and wins are precious at any stage of the season. DM must show the intangibles to win games but must be given the due process to do so.

Meager earned his start in the rotation. Great game against SMU. HE had the HIGHEST of HIGH'S but also the lowest of low's all in the same game.

I have been a starch supporter on this board for DM and have been called a Meager Mom and everything else under the sun. DM will continue to start and don't ever expect another kind of stat game like this again. Don't judge Daniel by his stats, lets judge Daniel on wins and losses. Give him his fair chance and then we'll see how things go. He must find a way to win this type of game against SMU and I am the first to admit it. STATS alone don't cut it. Meager will keep his job with consistency and winning.......end of story. Give him his chance and we'll see what happens. Great job DM.

DM must find a way to win these types of games because this was our game to win and wins are precious at any stage of the season. DM must show the intangibles to win games but must be given the due process to do so.

I can guarantee that anyone who makes 60 plus passes in a game is going to throw a few bad ones, even if they are Joe Montana. That comes with this type of offense. Where we really need to be worried is the defense.

I can guarantee that anyone who makes 60 plus passes in a game is going to throw a few bad ones, even if they are Joe Montana. That comes with this type of offense. Where we really need to be worried is the defense.

I completely agree. Just think...he threw the ball more in one game than many QB's do in 3 games. It would be hard to throw a deep with a whole lot of mustard on it after that many attempts.

I could almost actually live with a pick every 20+ attempts...given the assumption we would not be chunking it 64 times a game.

Edited by BIG DAWG

While your real arguments are valid, giving him a chance is what we've done for the past year. It's time for him to start giving us a reason, and this past game showed us a little something.

BTW 1 INT every 20 throws is way too many. If you want to judge interceptions to throws, you should judge touchdown throws to INT's. In my mind that is a better indicator of how effecient, or effective a QB is.

That fact that DM only threw 3 picks is a miracle in itself. He should have had at least 5. Our problem is not only defensively but its the fact that we have to chunk it that many times. NO running game, means you can't beat good teams and SMU literally is terrible. Meager must run the ball more effectively for our offense to be balanced because Micah is only going to do so much if he is our only threat.

Edited by Dodge2007

WOAH!!! He should have had 5? Pull back on the reins there, buckaroo!

I have been one of the most vocal Anti-Meager people on this board, and in the stands. ...but I was willing to wipe the slate clean with all the changes and give the guy a legitimate shot.

...and I'm ALMOST ready to call myself a Meager Fan now. A couple of more performances from him like the two I've seen so far this season, and I'll be backing him 100%. ...but a 1 int to 20 pass ratio is too high. To argue that 3 INT's is GOOD is just evidence of a blind Meager fan.

The kid has what it takes to run this scheme. ...he started to get excited and threw a couple of bad passes when the heart got to pounding... (I know his was, mine was, and I was sitting on my rear in the stands...) ...and I can't fault him for that. Hopefully with a few more games like this (being right in it at the end) will get him the experience he needs to get over this problem.

The kid has A LOT of heart, and has earned my respect, but let's not forgive 3 interceptions (2 in so many possessions) so easily.

WOAH!!! He should have had 5? Pull back on the reins there, buckaroo!

I have been one of the most vocal Anti-Meager people on this board, and in the stands. ...but I was willing to wipe the slate clean with all the changes and give the guy a legitimate shot.

...and I'm ALMOST ready to call myself a Meager Fan now. A couple of more performances from him like the two I've seen so far this season, and I'll be backing him 100%. ...but a 1 int to 20 pass ratio is too high. To argue that 3 INT's is GOOD is just evidence of a blind Meager fan.

The kid has what it takes to run this scheme. ...he started to get excited and threw a couple of bad passes when the heart got to pounding... (I know his was, mine was, and I was sitting on my rear in the stands...) ...and I can't fault him for that. Hopefully with a few more games like this (being right in it at the end) will get him the experience he needs to get over this problem.

The kid has A LOT of heart, and has earned my respect, but let's not forgive 3 interceptions (2 in so many possessions) so easily.

I agree. Show me any QB throwing 60 plus passes in a game who doesn't get 1-2 picked off and have a bad throw or two.

Fortunately, 3 balls hit SMU db's right in the hands and the ball hit the turf.

I could care less how many interceptions he threw either, when you throw it over 60 times a game. But its the type of INT's that make you wonder some time and its the interceptions during the critical moments of the game that matter.

I would have taken 8 picks as long as we win the game.

How did the interception for the td take place? I had to watch the game on cstv on Sunday and the film cut to after the defender had caught it and I never got to see the throw.

The first interception was a bad decision, the second was just a bad throw, bad throws will happen I can look past those, but it's hard to forgive a qb for bad decisions. All in all, I think he had a very solid game.

NO running game, means you can't beat good teams and SMU literally is terrible. Meager must run the ball more effectively for our offense to be balanced because Micah is only going to do so much if he is our only threat.

This performance may not have been about what UNT's offense can or cannot do, but more about what SMU's defense was taking and giving.

600 yards of offense suggests that the lack of a running game may have been a factor of what the opposing defense was doing rather than a failure of the offense. It looked to some of us like SMU was packing its defensive line and linebackers in tight to stop the run, while playing way off our wide receivers. A lot of the time it looked like SMU had seven men in the box, which against a spread offense is risky. Perhaps they didn't believe Meager could pick them apart like he did.

I, too, love a balanced offense, but if an opponent does not adequately cover Casey Fitzgerald and Brandon Jackson, I'm going to keep throwing it to them until the opponent does something to stop it.

uhh, maybe Im alone, but I DO care how many interceptions a guy throws... especially when they are part of the reason we lost the game. I imagine it matters to Dodge as well. Im excited about things to come, but Meager is going to have to throw less than 3 picks a game for us to win game consistently. We had a chance to tie the ball game, he threw the pick that put the nail in the coffin. Of course, it would be nice to see some semblance of a ground game to take some pressure off him, but you take what the defense gives you.

I'm also sending out an APB out for the North Texas defense. Last seen somewhere in Denton in 2004. If found, please exercise caution when apprehending. Is very aggressive and should be considered dangerous. Or at least, it was at one time.

uhh, maybe Im alone, but I DO care how many interceptions a guy throws... especially when they are part of the reason we lost the game. I imagine it matters to Dodge as well. Im excited about things to come, but Meager is going to have to throw less than 3 picks a game for us to win game consistently. We had a chance to tie the ball game, he threw the pick that put the nail in the coffin. Of course, it would be nice to see some semblance of a ground game to take some pressure off him, but you take what the defense gives you.

I don't think anyone is saying they don't care.

...but what people are saying is that there were some extenuating circumstances here -

First, we had no D all night. Daniel was playing catch up almost all night long, and not because he wasn't performing well.

Second, we had virtually no running game. This has to be addressed quickly if we are to expect Meager to be the performer we want - He is under pressure 100% of the time without a running game.

Third, I KNOW how he felt after the game. He was angry with himself about the interceptions. He made no excuses. He hung them on himself, and didn't make any "well, if this had been different" excuses. This has to count for something.

The disappointing thing is not the number of interceptions but whereand when they happen. We were down 7 points and Meager threw an interception in the end zone. 7 points we could have possibly had. Then you have to look at the interception he threw that was returned for a touchdown that put us down 14. That is the issue!!!! He threw bad interceptions at the wrong times. For the guy that wants to look at win and losses Meager has started two games and he is 0 - 2. He didnt even score a point against OU.

Edited by Vizza4QB

Dodge2007-

Have you been out of the country since December 2006 with no communication systems??

Coach Dodge's system is pass oriented....and.....from your pathetic posts you have not figured that out, yet.

Also, by the sound of your incessent hyperbolie you did not watch the OU/NT game or attended the SMU/NT game which "kinda" leads me to believe you have no earthly idea what the heck the coaching staff is doing.

OU is just OU.....big, tough and fast. They not only whooooped us but got out a can of Oklahoma whooooop as*** on Miami. Presently, i am too frustrated at you lack luster post to go back and find the last time someone hung 50+ on the Hurricanes.

Let me also remind you that SMU has been picked to win C-USA West.

As far as Meager.....the best I have ever seen. Everyone who went to the SMU/NT game was just inspired.

Our "O" line was really good but our corners were a little soft but played well. All in all our "D" didnt give up as many yards as SMU. Heck one pick was returned for a TD and another was around mid field. UNT had a great shot of winning and if we played SMU 5 more times this year we could probably win 3 or 4.