Smu Tailgate Info

DoubleEagle

From the Office of Development website...

UNT vs. SMU tailgating

Saturday, September 8

3:30 - 6:00 p.m.

McFarlin Auditorium front lawn (off McFarlin Blvd. on Boaz Lane)

SMU campus

Taco bar catered by Bailey's 1st and 10

$8.00 per person

First come first serve

Kick-off at 7:00 p.m.

Four campus cash parking lots available - $10.

Two lots off McFarlin Blvd., one lot behind McFarlin Auditorium off Daniel Ave., one lot off University Blvd.

Please expect a ten minute walk to Ford Stadium from these lots.

Sponsored by the Division of Advancement, the North Texas Exes and the North Texas Athletic Department

http://www.unt.edu/development/news/upcoming.htm

GO MEAN GREEN!!

So, Is the front lawn of McFarlin Auditorium the place to be. I'm bringing several first timers

and although this is an away game, I would like to get them excited about coming to more

games. If there are other gathering places for "MEAN GREEN FANS" please post locations.

Thanks!!!!

So, Is the front lawn of McFarlin Auditorium the place to be. I'm bringing several first timers

and although this is an away game, I would like to get them excited about coming to more

games. If there are other gathering places for "MEAN GREEN FANS" please post locations.

Thanks!!!!

Yes, it is the place to be...I will be there at 2:30. So will Mean Green Punch. Everything else is ancillary.

Thanks Emmitt.

See you there. Where is the best place to park?

GMG

I would take advantage of the lots right next to McFarland. You could probably find parking elsewhere on campus but a lot of it is strictly NO gameday parking. Ten minutes walking from the stadium should put us far enough out that we're not mixed up with the rest of the rush.

Edited by emmitt01

can I park at the DART station and walk? Is that too far? Will there be a shuttle?

It looks like its about four blocks from Mockingbird Station to the stadium. Not too far to walk, but you do have to cross the bridge over Central Expressway. There's a lot of traffic on the service road around there.

But SMU says they do run a shuttle bus service to and from the stadium and Mockingbird Station.

I suggest the following to anyone interested. It is what I will be doing myself.

I will park at a DART station up the line (no traffic problem) and take the train to Mockingbird Station. I will then proceed to have a few beers at Trinity Hall and prepare myself for the arduous crossing of Central Expressway, which is the only barrier between the train and the stadium worse than ordinary sidewalk. I estimate the distance from the train to the visitors' side of the stadium to be five blocks max and there are numerous watering holes on the journey if one should feel the need.

After the game, I will retrace my steps and catch the next northbound train out of there, thus avoiding the traffic jam.

Just a heads up: If you are going to park at the Dart station you better get there early. Everyone and there dog parks there. Also do not attempt to park in any shopping center. THEY WILL TOW YOUR CAR AS YOUR GETTING OUT OF IT. If you want to make it easy on yourself. Drive to Plano or somewhere and got on the dart rail. Its like 6 bucks round trip and you wount have to fight the traffic.

I drove by the location earlier today to scout it out and it looks like there is ample parking. There is a HUGE lawn there to set up shop. It seems the easiest (maybe only convenient) way to get there is to go down Hillcrest and turn into the campus on McFarlin...it's actually on Boaz...and let it wrap around onto the front of the building.

I drove by the location earlier today to scout it out and it looks like there is ample parking. There is a HUGE lawn there to set up shop. It seems the easiest (maybe only convenient) way to get there is to go down Hillcrest and turn into the campus on McFarlin...it's actually on Boaz...and let it wrap around onto the front of the building.

Emmitt, do you think setting up tents on that lawn is ok?

BTW, you were playing catch next to my tent last Saturday and didn't even stop to say hi.

If you want to make it easy on yourself. Drive to Plano or somewhere and got on the dart rail. Its like 6 bucks round trip and you wount have to fight the traffic.

Actually, it's only $2.50 for a Day Pass, which you can purchase at any DART rail station. The Day Pass is good for any and all rail travel until 3 a.m. the next day. The SMU shuttle will pick you up at the station, so it's much easier to avoid traffic by taking the DART rail.

Loads of the Mean Green punch made up and ready to consume. First come, first served.

Warning: Don't bring your girlfriend/wife/significant other near the Mean Green punch unless you plan of keeping them around for a good while. Mean Green Punch is not the original name of this drink and it has been known to have adverse effects on people of the fairer sex. (Adverse for them, good for the guys :P )