Uniforms Will Be Unveiled At Kickoff Cookout!

UNTflyer

32219.jpg

www.meangreensports.com

DENTON (7/23/07) – The North Texas athletic department will unveil the new football uniform on Saturday, August 4 at the Mean Green Kickoff Cookout. Mean Green fans can get a sneak peek of the uniform over the next two weeks on MeanGreenSports.com

Starting today, MeanGreenSports.com will begin to unveil the new look, one piece at a time. Right now, the North Texas player is revealing only the new helmet. It has been 40 years since North Texas wore a white helmet. The 1967 team, which included Joe Greene, was the last North Texas to wear a white helmet.

The Mean Green Kickoff Cookout is one of two annual events that the athletic department is hosting in August. The third annual North Texas Women’s Football Clinic will be held on Thursday, August 2 at 6 pm. Fans can register for both events on-line.

Edited by UNTflyer

32219.jpg

www.meangreensports.com

DENTON (7/23/07) – The North Texas athletic department will unveil the new football uniform on Saturday, August 4 at the Mean Green Kickoff Cookout. Mean Green fans can get a sneak peek of the uniform over the next two weeks on MeanGreenSports.com

Starting today, MeanGreenSports.com will begin to unveil the new look, one piece at a time. Right now, the North Texas player is revealing only the new helmet. It has been 40 years since North Texas wore a white helmet. The 1967 team, which included Joe Greene, was the last North Texas to wear a white helmet.

The Mean Green Kickoff Cookout is one of two annual events that the athletic department is hosting in August. The third annual North Texas Women’s Football Clinic will be held on Thursday, August 2 at 6 pm. Fans can register for both events on-line.

The only video footage I've ever seen of Mean Joe Greene when he was at UNT he is actually wearing that white helmet. Quite a legacy with his teams from the 1960's that I'm sure we'd all like for history to repeat in Denton, Texas, America.

32219.jpg

www.meangreensports.com

Where is this on the athletics website? I see no link to it on the main page.

You old timers, dig out the Yuccas. Wasn't the '68 team with Mean Joe Greene the last team to wear white helmets?

I gave Plumm a 1971 Yucca a couple of years ago. Jim, why don't you look in that one and see if the team (1970) was wearing white helmets. I seem to recall that they were.

I seem to recall that North Texas wore white helmets up to the season that Hayden Fry took over. I believe that he started the solid green helmet tradition.