Thoughts On The Smu Game

emmitt01

-- So You are in Nashville (Tennessee?) not at SMU. My #1 son only had two choices since he is a software engineer by day in Dallas. I gather his SMU experience was similar to your Duke one. He is very glad he made the choice he did although it involves a lot of driving, he is doing very well. Their latest bar exams results are close the others , Baylor is usually one of the two best in Texas, --the rest just bounce around in standings except for a couple of crummy ones.. WTU results are now similar to Tech, SMU, Houston, and some others.

---Been in London about four times.. I can actually remember one really good meal... and a lot of bad ones. Fish and chips in a pub is about as good it gets usually. Always eager to to France, Holland, or Germany to get a great meal. Italy can be good as well..

---If I am not mistaken the "Texas Embassy" you mentioned may be partially owned by the founder of the "Black-Eyed Pea". I actually knew his brothers in high school and knew him on sight (Brownwood, Tx.). I know he or a family member opened a restaurant in London and that sounds like the name I remember. Seems like it was in the Trafalgar Square area, have not seen it.

Yup, graduated SMU in '04 for undergrad. The further I get from Dallas, the better SMU does (senior year was 0-12). Closer I get to Oxford, the worse we do (senior year was Eli's senior year). Think it's a sign? Took a year off in-between, and then went on to Nashvegas (TN) for law school. Talk about ranking fluctations... the Texas bar, from what I've heard, is right up there in difficulty with New York and California, so good luck to him on that. I am not looking forward to prepping for that. As if 3 years of this crap isn't enough, they throw something like that at the end of it. I really think law school is a personal choice. I had a buddy here who chose Vandy over Harvard. Partially b/c he got a nice scholarship here, and also because he just didn' think he could handle living in Boston for 3 years. He's from Tennessee, and got a great job in Atlanta. Couldn't be happier, even though I'm sure people thought that was just "ridiculous" to not go to Harvard. I'm glad he didn't, b/c his outlines saved my @$$ haha. Unless you're just dead-set on having to work for a 600+ law firm right out of law school, rankings really don't mean anything.

Yup, fish and chips is about it. I just hate having to ask for a half-full glass of ice each time I get a drink. Yeah, that is the area I think. http://www.texasembassy.com/texasmain.htm

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic