NTPhiKap99

Lance Dunbar

All-purpose back

Haltom City (TX) Haltom

Ht: 5-foot-9

Wt: 185 lbs

Class: 2008 (High School)

The Latest: North Texas adds in-state running back — 6/11/2007

Haltom City, Texas all-purpose back Lance Dunbar wanted to stay close to home and this week, he made it official with his commitment to one in-state school. Dunbar was a first-team all-district performer as a junior

A littlw more info I'm sure someone else will dig up someone.

Haltom RB Lance Dunbar burst onto the DFW scene in 2006, as the 5’9 185 pound transfer from New Orleans De LaSalle with 4.5 speed rushed for 1063 yards and 13 touchdowns in only 8 games for the Buffaloes.

I knew I knew this name. I'm willing to give a kid a second chance and allow him to mature...but damn...that was one of the sorryest things I have heard in recent years. Provided he stays clean this year I still think he should be on something of a leash when he makes his way to Denton.

---Interesting to note that is was from New Orleans, likely displaced by the hurricane. If that is his only incident, it could be meaningless.... perhaps the guy had been harassing him and he just had enough. The kid likely has been having a bad time considering all that he might have gone through. I am sure TD has checked into the entire story.