Game Times Set For Mean Green Football

Game Times Set for Mean Green Football

Courtesy: University of North Texas

Release: 06/07/2007

DENTON, Texas (6/7/07) – North Texas has finalized all of the kickoff times for the 2007 football season, which will begin at 6 p.m. in Norman Oklahoma on Sept. 1. The final piece of the puzzle came when it was announced that FOX Sports Southwest would televise the game between Oklahoma and North Texas in their evening time slot.

The first six games of the year for the Mean Green will all be night games starting at 6 p.m. with the exception of the game at SMU which will begin at 7 p.m. The game at Troy on Oct. 20 will be played at 2:30 p.m. The last five games of the year will alternate between afternoon and evening game.

North Texas will begin its first three home games at 6 p.m. and the final two home games will start at 3 p.m.

Along with the Oklahoma game being picked up by FSN Southwest, it is expected that as many as three Sun Belt Conference games could be added to the television slate that will be announced by the league in late July.

All 12 North Texas football games will be able to be heard on the Mean Green radio network with George Dunham and Hank Dickenson. The games can also be heard via the internet by clicking the listen live button on the home page of flagship station KWRD at www.thewordfm.com.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW SCHEDULE

http://www.meangreensports.com/SportSelect...&SPSID=9052

Gotcha. It makes it harder to get to the game for those of us that work on Saturdays though.

well....you've got 4/5 months to plan ahead and make sure they know you won't be in work those days...SEE YA AT THE GAME!

This old body has been to many late fall games when that afternoon sun was pretty damned welcome! When the sun goes down around the third or fourth quarter it can get pretty chilly. We were truly blessed with good weather last year but we're bound to catch some of Mother Nature's payback sooner or later. I like the way we're scheduled.

I have been saying and crying about the home schedules for the past few years b/c all the games were at 6. In the fall, college football WAS MEANT FOR SATURDAY AFTERNOONS. I cant wait now and also I hate November night games at Fouts so this will be great. My greatest UNT memory was a November afternoon when we won the Belt against New Mexico St., anybody else agree ?

I have been saying and crying about the home schedules for the past few years b/c all the games were at 6. In the fall, college football WAS MEANT FOR SATURDAY AFTERNOONS. I cant wait now and also I hate November night games at Fouts so this will be great. My greatest UNT memory was a November afternoon when we won the Belt against New Mexico St., anybody else agree ?

I agree totally with the afternoon games. November can be brutal in Denton, Texas--ask Bobby Bowden and FSU.

I agree totally with the afternoon games. November can be brutal in Denton, Texas--ask Bobby Bowden and FSU.

And DallasGreen, some of our Young Gun Alums should ask those of us who were crazy enough to drive from all quarters of the Metroplex (in the snow--not always a safe thing to do in Texas) :rolleyes: to witness this game! :lol:

Funny how UNT played a small part in the revival of not only the Kansas State U football program, but in a sense, even Bobby Bowden's Florida State football program--a football program that never looked back again after that season, too.

;) Oh that UNT would soon do the very same thing, yet at higher levels than has ever been done in the entire history of our football program, too.

And DallasGreen, some of our Young Gun Alums should ask those of us who were crazy enough to drive from all quarters of the Metroplex (in the snow--not always a safe thing to do in Texas) :rolleyes: to witness this game! :lol:

I would be in heaven if it snowed during a home game. Snow and football go together like chocalate and peanut butter.

180px-Reeses_Peanut_Butter_Cups.jpg

Oh that UNT would soon do the very same thing, yet at higher levels than has ever been done in the entire history of our football program, too.

Plumm, I enjoy witnessing your fandom but as long as the evil BCS system is in place, we can never be anything better than Sun Belt champs.

Plumm, I enjoy witnessing your fandom but as long as the evil BCS system is in place, we can never be anything better than Sun Belt champs.

2 words, UNTflyer: Boise State?

But I do get your drift on the SBC aspects.

We are totally over-shadowed in Texas by the Big 12 and ex SWC/CUSA schools (and now to a certain extent, even over-shadowed by a 100,000 seat billion dollar stadium over in Arlington); thus a very big reason of why I say what I say in my below signature (of which I actually know others who feel the same).

We'll just have to do things a bit bigger & bolder in Denton, Texas, America, in order to get recognition and our fair slice of the inter-collegiate football pie in the state of Texas (especially with our being 1 of 10 NCAA D1-A schools based here in the Lone Star State).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Crap! I gota work the night vs ou. And I can't take the day off because I am taking off for the game against SMU the next week.

Maybe I can get it on here at work.

Edited by gksmith

And what was Boise State after they defeated Oklahoma in what is arguably the best bowl game of the last 50 years?

WAC champs.

Yet they were WAC champs that made it to a BCS Championship Series Bowl only to beat a school that would have most likely been a Top 5 school had they not been rail-roaded out of a win in Oregon early last season. :huh:

WAC membership did not cause Boise State athletic officials or their football coaches to say: "Well, we're in the WAC so we can only do, uh, WAC'ky :rolleyes: things at a low profile and then only go to WAC-type bowls to play unranked teams."

MG football has been low profile (unranked and Bottom 25) for so long a time that I feel too many of our very best alums & fans feel that is our rightful and only place we can ever co-exist. Case in point: How many on this very board were even upset with the hiring of Todd Dodge (trust me, there were some who were) and from reading their posts during the DD era (even in its last days) would have been just fine with DD Ball getting a 10'th, 11'th or 12'th year to try to reach .500 in career wins at (no matter that he was proving to be a continual public relations disaster)................

...............and many of those PR gaffes and insults to the very ones who were paying him being broadasted on the radio airwaves on post-game shows the last few years).:(Would new UNT Prez' Dr. B have allowed much more than one such post-game radio show to ever be repeated with similar themes we were all sorta' getting used to without there being some serious repurcussions? Doubtful................. but all that was yesterday.....................and yesterday's gone.

PS: Yes, UNTflyer, we agree..............it was (in deed) arguably the best bowl game of the last 50 years.

What Boise State did was give a whole bunch of schools like UNT a helluva' lot of hope as to what can happen when all your athletic dept.(with not just a good AD and HFC or HBC, but talent across the board all trying to prove themselves for a move up the 1-A chain (why not that, we all try to do the same thing out here in the non-academic work world); but as far as UNT athletics is concerned & "OUR" alma mater's athletic program's ultimate success, too-----no slackers with sub-par performance at UNT & with a cushy retirement in Denton in mind).

Anyway, a UNT athletic department with all cylinders running full steam ahead with the common purpose of raising our school's stature among the rest of the 119 member division we compete should always be our school's aim (IMHO).

Edited by PlummMeanGreen