Troy Trojans-

Charlie NT 73

I was reading the Troy Trojans football message board-

There is a post regarding their defense is switching to a new defensive alinement-

a 4-2-5, because many teams that Troy will play this year run the "spread".

The Troy fans are already predicting their starting offense and defense for

thier opening game against Arkansas, and how they will win this game!

The Troy fans are already predicting their starting offense and defense for

thier opening game against Arkansas, and how they will win this game!

:lol:

I say let them switch to a Nickel defense and see if they get torched on the running game. This is also where a HB pass/screen spells doom for a defense. A Nickel might be good at taking away the center of the field, it'll test the edges without mercy.

Just to test the waters, on the strong side I'd have the outside WR run a deep post route, the slot a crossing route. The HB would feign a block and head towards the strong side of the field where the 2 WRs were. Depending on how the strong side LB reacts, that HB could be wide open and run and catch for a first down. Still could be an easy 5-7 yd completion even if the LB picks up the HB.

Troy might be better served with a Tampa 2 then a Nickel D, but that's just me. :rolleyes:

If there defense has speed, quickness and are football smart then I dont see any reason why they wouldnt have success against any kind of offense.

The jury is still out on the decision to swith to a 4-2-5 defense, but let there be no doubt that this team has speed.

We, like the players, believe that we can go to Arkansas and pull out a W. That attitude has been instilled in the players since our move to 1-A and I believe is one of the main reasons for our recent success. We aren't intimidated by anyone....

I wish more teams in the Belt would feel this way and then maybe we could get more OOC wins for the conference.

We, like the players, believe that we can go to Arkansas and pull out a W. That attitude has been instilled in the players since our move to 1-A and I believe is one of the main reasons for our recent success. We aren't intimidated by anyone....

I wish more teams in the Belt would feel this way and then maybe we could get more OOC wins for the conference.

Well put. It begins with a coach with that kind of confidence in his program, and I believe we finally have that.

Well put. It begins with a coach with that kind of confidence in his program, and I believe we finally have that.

I hope so! UNT's success will do nothing but help the perception of the conference. Don't expect us to just hand you the championship, though! j/k :D