Speaking Of Stadiums....

DeepGreen

Nice overview of CUSA stadiums. Other than UAB's Legion Field were no game was being played, can you guess which stadium shown in the thread is just about empty?? :rolleyes:

CUSA Stadiums

Some nice photos and writeups about each school's stadium. Man, we would be a perfect fit in that conference with our location and with our new stadium. Maybe someday, sigh. :(

---They seem to think SMU has 6200 students.... which may be correct ......the other 4000 are just party animals and enrollee/donors because of daddy.

--RE: Attendance... that was one of SMU's better days.... maybe it doesn't seem quite as embarrassing if they only have 6200 enrollees... hmmmm...Are they fibbing about how many students they have... would not be the first time they haven't been honest.....!!

LOL

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

SMU has 6,238 undergrads, and a little over 4,500 graduate students. The # is not incorrect. Busy as $(@#!@@# with law school -- but still read from time to time. Good luck staying sane in the off-season!

How are Pony fans feeling about Phil Bennett after spring football? Is he still on the hot seat, Bowl or bust for next season? I noticed Smu's first game will be hosting Texas Tech on ESPN on Monday Sept. 3 at 3:00 pm in the afternoon (yikes!). That could be a very HOT one. Also, could only five days rest before playing NT affect that game?

I am diggin Marshall and Southern Miss' stadium: Perfect capacity, great elevation, not a lot of endzone seating, luxury suites in the endzone so you can actually see the game, fans are right close to the action on the sideline. A++

I would prefer SMiss' due to the elevation of the seating, it seems that it would entrap sound better.

The Southern Miss stadium is really nice, and I would like a stadium similiar to that in our still sketpical plans for a stadium. I am a big fan of the two-tier stadiums and an inground one would be nice as well...

Tulsa only has 4,000 STUDENTS, WOW

Tulane, 6,600 STUDENTS, WOW

NT is a perfect fit for a big conference, we have nearly 35,000 students and are in a big market. WHAT HAPPENED!

The enrollment for Tulsa listed there is total undergrad and grad school. Take out the grad schools and TU only has around 2,500 undergrads. It really is a tiny school...but, wealthy as all get out from former students in the oil business. Nonetheless, it was a nice, quiet place to go to law school.

Basketball is what the old alumni go crazy over. The Reynolds Center gets really loud during games. I guess with Oklahoma State being within 45 minutes, and Oklahoma and Arkansas both being within an hour and a half, they decided long ago to emphasize basketball over football. It's good to see their football fans finally be rewarded.

It's amazing to think about all the sports programs they upgraded while the football fans waited for the administration to decide whether or not to raze Skelly. After all, they sat and watched while the basketball, tennis, soccer, softball, and track facilities got Grade A makeovers.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch