Ea Sports

NT91

its not so much as being afraid as it is the talons reserving the first 3 rows for talons only.. I don't think the best seats in the student section should be reserved to a group that only started showing up once conference games started.. I am all for the talon's and their support of athletics, but if certain fans want to get close and get loud they shouldn't be forced to sit half way up the student section, knowing the players on the court can't hear you eliminates a lot of the motivation to be on your feet and yelling the whole game..

I find it amusing that you know who we are, yet none of us know who you are.

It is "first come, first served," and the rowdier of us get there early enough to save the front row below the couch, then head to the Pit Crew free stuff area. Then the rest fill in the 2nd and 3rd rows. There's no "reserved" seating, it's just where we normally sit. Don't worry, we're not taking the best seats, nor are those seats on TV. There are still 4 or 5 rows until you reach the couch. The Pit Crew section is one over and actually closer to the bench and in the camera's range. They, too, cheer the whole game, and there are usually enough seats in the first 5 or 6 rows for you and friends. Feel free to sit with either group and support the team. The people that sit higher in the sections don't do it because they're intimidated or don't feel welcome; I'd hazard to guess that they want to sit there (better sight lines, easier to have a conversation away from the cheering folk, etc.).

It's first-come-first-served. If there's kids already in the seats, the Talons just take seats somewhere nearby. Jeezus. No one forces the others to move, matter of fact, the Talons have actually skipped a few rows or seats to give room for the students already there.

Seriously, all this-anti Talons talk is really, really infuriating. In this case, half of this talk is pretty much baseless. It's student general seating, so anyone can sit where they please, no one is gonna ask you to move. Just like the football games, no one asks anyone to move, the Talons just try to get there first before the others do. If for some reason someone else gets the 50-line, they'll just shift down.

And before, with the first Pit Crew, it would've been incredibly rude for Talons to ask them to move, that'd just be plain out mean.

Go to the games, make noise, and if the team keeps winning, more will show up. Besides, I'm pretty sure Talons appeared at more than just 1/2 the games. But then, maybe some would know that if they paid more attention.

Kind of reminds me of that stupid t-shirt giveaway argument a few months back. Someone said that they didn't think Talons still did the once-a-week trade a shirt for a UNT shirt...then just about EVERYONE went along, believing that statement despite the fact that since I joined Talons in 2003, they'd been doing it, and probably been doing before then, too.

The Pit Crew section is one over and actually closer to the bench and in the camera's range. They, too, cheer the whole game, and there are usually enough seats in the first 5 or 6 rows for you and friends. Feel free to sit with either group and support the team. The people that sit higher in the sections don't do it because they're intimidated or don't feel welcome; I'd hazard to guess that they want to sit there (better sight lines, easier to have a conversation away from the cheering folk, etc.).

I did accidentally sit in the middle of the cheering section early in the season. I wasn't asked to leave, but a couple of people did make it vocally known that i wasn't welcome. Someone said, "Who's the old guy?" Granted it is one person, and it didn't really bother me much. I cheered just as loud as the rest of them.

I do sit one section over now almost even with the couch... but only because I like to sit and watch, and not have to stand the whole game to see anything.

Never said I was against the talons, only wished they would embrace fans outside of the organization too.. like I said my friends and I sat in the same seats in the front 2 rows as we did for all the games, then once conference came rolling around we got there early as we normally did to see warm ups, and a large group of talons came and told us we had to leave that those seats were for talon's only.. being new to this school we thought this might have been normal so we moved back a couple of rows, only to see the people who took are seats spent the whole time text messaging and gossiping with eachother the whole game, and toward the end of the game when it was still close they had the nerve to turn around and ask us "what was going on".. come on now they are playing basketball what do you think is going on? and why come and take our seats to gossip?? I guess thats better then having the seats empty tho.. is it? :ph34r:

Like I said I'm not against the talons and I'm glad we have organizations like them to help promote our athletics.. I just want my freakin seats back

If they did that, then I apologize. While we may usually sit together as close to the action as we can get, we shouldn't try to oust people if they got there before us. Some of us aren't the most tactful, when instead we should be trying to pull in new people.

If they did that, then I apologize. While we may usually sit together as close to the action as we can get, we shouldn't try to oust people if they got there before us. Some of us aren't the most tactful, when instead we should be trying to pull in new people.

No biggie. As an adult student, I'm used to it. I'm often asked on the first day of class if I am the professor.

:lol: