Ea Sports

NT91

I wouldn't discount these brackets made by march madness.. last year my friends and I did the same thing on my xbox, and it ended up picking florida playing texas with Florida winning it.. these video games might just know what they are talking about

it looks like stewart is about to stuff that guy

Is that supposed to be Harold? It looks more like the Chicago White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen.

And yes, I hope we can get that many people at the pit. All that green looks good!

Please tell me we will score more than the 50 that the simulation has us scoring!!!! Keep it Green Guys ------ FINISH!!!!!

I wouldn't worry too much. EA's simulation is off to a dreadful start.

It picked Texas Tech to go to the final eight, but the Raiders got beat by BC in the first game of the tournament. It also had Stanford beating Louisville, but Louisville won by twenty. And it had Maryland crushing Davidson, but Davidson gave them a very tough game.

ea.jpg

I hope we can get that many people and that much green in the Super Pit next season!

I think it spot on with the posture of the North Texas crowd...seated and quiet.

Also, I notice Jared Zabransky is the coverboy for NCAA Football 08. Anybody else think less copies will be sold in Oklahoma than last year? :lol:

Edited by emmitt01

I think it spot on with the posture of the North Texas crowd...seated and quiet.

Also, I notice Jared Zabransky is the coverboy for NCAA Football 08. Anybody else think less copies will be sold in Oklahoma than last year? :lol:

Who knows. That guy is annoying.

Couldn't be a truer statement. I sit in the student section across from the Pit Crew. I get really rowdy, jump out of my seat, yell at the refs and players, and generally make lots of noise. I was really uncomfortable doing all this when I first started attending games b/c everyone is so quiet and sits on their hands. Now, I just don't give a shite. I really hope we can turn the Super Pit into a game time atmosphere where the stiffs feel out of place, not the cheering fans.

Couldn't be a truer statement. I sit in the student section across from the Pit Crew. I get really rowdy, jump out of my seat, yell at the refs and players, and generally make lots of noise. I was really uncomfortable doing all this when I first started attending games b/c everyone is so quiet and sits on their hands. Now, I just don't give a shite. I really hope we can turn the Super Pit into a game time atmosphere where the stiffs feel out of place, not the cheering fans.

its hard to stand up and get excited for a game when a certain group who didn't even attend half the games this season reserves the first 3 rows (which includes seats that my friends and I sat in starting w/ Texas College) for their little group.. Maybe if they made those seats first come / first serve fans wouldn't be so intimidated about coming close to the court and getting loud and rowdy.. just my opinion though..

Edited by Keith7

its hard to stand up and get excited for a game when a certain group who didn't even attend half the games this season reserves the first 3 rows (which includes seats that my friends and I sat in starting w/ Texas College) for their little group.. Maybe if they made those seats first come / first serve fans wouldn't be so intimedated about coming close to the court and getting loud and rowdy.. just my opinion though..

Keith, i think this is the first time you and I agree on something.

I think we are having a moment.

its hard to stand up and get excited for a game when a certain group who didn't even attend half the games this season reserves the first 3 rows (which includes seats that my friends and I sat in starting w/ Texas College) for their little group.. Maybe if they made those seats first come / first serve fans wouldn't be so intimidated about coming close to the court and getting loud and rowdy.. just my opinion though..

So join up and do something about it. All you do is run your mouth. It's about time you put your words into action.

Oh, take away the two games over Thanksgiving and the few over Christmas, and we were at every game. Most of us were at the Pit Crew painting/tattoos/free stuff area. Why didn't you stop by?

That "certain group" pays a premium for those seats. It is the same at most ballparks where corporations buy up the good seats then don't attend. Unfortunately, they pay for that right. I don't agree with it, but that is the way it is.

That "certain group" pays a premium for those seats. It is the same at most ballparks where corporations buy up the good seats then don't attend. Unfortunately, they pay for that right. I don't agree with it, but that is the way it is.

No they don't. The Talons don't pay a dime for the right to sit on the front rows.

That being the case, do like I and a few others do. Go sit down there and be loud as hell. I don't think anyone has the audacity to ask me to move from there and they wouldn't because we instigate 90% of the cheers they do. Except for the "stand up" cheer...that one rocks and is all Talons.

I wasn't going to post this as most won't believe it. But this is true.... I was asked to hush and be quiet in New Orleans in the 1st half so that a lady NT fan sitting down one row from me and over 7 or 8 people from me could hear who a foul was called on. We were beating the 5th ranked team in the nation at the time. I couldn't keep my feet on the ground much less shut my mouth when we were on defense. Hope I didn't ruin anyone's experience from my actions... :rolleyes:

Rick

I don't see how you can be intimidated about coming close to the court and getting loud and rowdy just because Talons is down there. They are fans just like everyone else.

In fact I was the Talons representative in the revival of the Pit Crew. I met with the Athletics department and the SGA members and together we wanted to create a more inviting atmosphere to get more people to come to the games and sit with us and go crazy. This years student section obviously had a greater impact than last years. Last year I and the other Talons along a few hardcore fans were the only ones who sat in the student section. We brought back pit crew and brought in more and more people. In the first couple games with the Pit Crew things started getting a little more rowdy but not to the point where the stadium could hear us. It took leaders from SGA and Talons to get people to come down and get crazy, hence the Pit Crew purchased wigs and I myself donned the 1970s basketball uniform short shorts and all. From then on people began to fill in the seats.

There is no reason for anyone to be afraid of going crazy alongside the other crazy people. The point is we all go crazy in support for the team.

There is no reason for anyone to be afraid of going crazy alongside the other crazy people. The point is we all go crazy in support for the team.

its not so much as being afraid as it is the talons reserving the first 3 rows for talons only.. I don't think the best seats in the student section should be reserved to a group that only started showing up once conference games started.. I am all for the talon's and their support of athletics, but if certain fans want to get close and get loud they shouldn't be forced to sit half way up the student section, knowing the players on the court can't hear you eliminates alot of the motivation to be on your feet and yelling the whole game..

I am all for the talon's and their support of athletics, but if certain fans want to get close and get loud they shouldn't be forced to sit half way up the student section, knowing the players on the court can't hear you eliminates alot of the motivation to be on your feet and yelling the whole game..

If the players can not hear you, then you are not being very loud!!!

My 3 year-old boys were yelling "Who?" loud enough to be heard by the WKU bench when they were introducing their starting line-up and we were sitting near the top of the section.

No they don't. The Talons don't pay a dime for the right to sit on the front rows.

That being the case, do like I and a few others do. Go sit down there and be loud as hell. I don't think anyone has the audacity to ask me to move from there and they wouldn't because we instigate 90% of the cheers they do. Except for the "stand up" cheer...that one rocks and is all Talons.

Didn't realize he was referencing The Talons. Makes perfect sense now.