Do Rumblings Like This Remind You Of Anyone?

Quoner

I know when you cover a team, there are some lines you cannot cross, but it seems like if JJT knew something like this about Parcells, someone could have gotten this out somehow. Do you think this story would have found a way in print in a market like NY or BOS? I do.

The whole Parcells exit just feels so....Dicky-ish.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...ol.1b6c1c7.html

But he can blame only himself and his insecurities for his failure in Dallas.

Mr. Parcells never gave his coordinators an opportunity to maximize the talent on the roster. Did the Cowboys' offense consistently show the creativity that New Orleans did this season under rookie head coach Sean Payton, who left Dallas last year? Nope. Even this season, Mr. Parcells often kept his thumb on play-caller Tony Sparano. Ask any of the key defensive linemen or linebackers on this team, and they'll tell you Mr. Parcells forced Mr. Zimmer to play more conservatively than he wanted to.

More than once, opposing players said the Cowboys ran some of the NFL's most simplistic offensive and defensive schemes. They had no choice because the more complicated the schemes, the less Mr. Parcells understood them. And if he didn't understand them, then he couldn't adequately second-guess the calls the coordinators made. And if he couldn't second-guess them, then he couldn't properly assign blame.

That's why his failure has nothing to do with Mr. Jones.

Even this season, Mr. Parcells often kept his thumb on play-caller Tony Sparano. Ask any of the key defensive linemen or linebackers on this team, and they'll tell you Mr. Parcells forced Mr. Zimmer to play more conservatively than he wanted to.

Huh? Bill Parcells TOO CONSERVATIVE? Where in hell have I read that on this board, before?

Rick

Huh? Bill Parcells TOO CONSERVATIVE? Where in hell have I read that on this board, before?

Rick

It couldn't have been from this hep cat, fo sho:

I blame parcells on the conservative play calling and not attacking a patchwork secondary. Have y'all forgotten how many stupid games Dallas has lost the past two years due to not being able to get into the endzone? We lost at least 3 games, maybe more last season because the kicker simply missed. How many did we lose this year on a field goal going bad? What does that tell you?

STOP RELYING ON TRYING TO KEEP IT CLOSE AND WINNING IT AT THE END!

Running on 2nd, 3rd and 4th downs inside the 5 against Philly was bad enough. Tonight we did it again and settle for a field goal early in the third. Then we finally have a shot to put them away with a 1st and 10 at the eleven and we run it twice, putting us in a 3rd and long situation. In today's game that crap gets you beat.

At 1st and 10 from the 11, after all the failed field goals the past 12 months, and since it's been 10 years since your team has won a playoff game, and knowing that since our defense hasn't stopped anyone the past 5 weeks when it counted and that a field goal only puts you up by TWO with over a minute and a half left, and your ON THE ROAD, IN THE PLAYOFFS!,,,,OUR IDIOT, CONSERVATIVE, "I STILL DRIVE A PACKARD" LOOKING, FALSE TEETH TALKING CONSERVATIVE HEAD COACH ELECTS TO AGAIN SET UP FOR A KICK?

Sickening.

Rick

Rick

Everyone and their dog called him that last year, so I don't know why anyone is scoreboarding that point (although perhaps we can award those points to Playmaker - he needs them.)

I think that once other players come out and say this, and especially after the Detroit Lions QB calls players and schemes out by name on the freaking radio in Seattle, someone can tie information like this into a story. Why is this just coming out now? Our local media handled Parcells with kid gloves for 3 years and it was sickening to watch. Tell a damn story.

JJT....being moved from the Cowboy beat to Opinion columns, at least gives the DMN one sports editorialist who has balls. Sherrington and Cowlishaw never go after anyone.

Jean Jaques is easily my favorite sports writer at that paper.

i still dont understand why he bailed out quincy carter.... was that not conflict of interest. And if we're talking favorite DFW sportscaster, balls-wise its Dale Hansen. I mean hes the only one Jerry Jones really hates.

And unlike Dickey, parcells has conference championships and SUPER BOWL rings (even though they were 15 years ago). So no comparison needed

if u want straight forward sports analisys, read the Fort worth star tellegram, Randy Galloway is the best sports writer in the metroplex imho

Hey.... Romo was progressing and Parcells has a history of being able to cultivate QB tallent. How 'bout he keeps his toes in coaching by "consulting" with his newest favorite college coach ------ Dodge!!! ;)

Comparing Dickey and Parcells is an insult to Dickey.

Are you freaking kidding me? To mention both Parcells and Dickey as both humans is an absolute insult to Parcells. Sounds harsh yes I know but we are talking about a coach that coached in the NFL for 21 years, has 2 superbowl rings and has virtually won with every team he has coached....and yes I am also including the cowboys. Compared to 4 years ago the cowboys are apples/oranges better and with the right coach to piece it together and tweek it theres no doubt that this team is a sure fire super bowl contender in a right now weak nfc. I think you need to come back to planet earth green bat and think what you said was an insult to all sports fans trying to like and get into sports.