Want A Play-off

UNTLifer

this delany cat is what's wrong with ncaa fb. there is no reason the big ten(eleven) should be allowed to crown a conference champ with no conference chmpionship game. the eleven members do not play everyone in their conf., but each of them figure a way to get two or three MAC teams on their schedule. when some sort of playoff system is created issues such as this need to be addessed.

He readily admits a playoff could be good for Division I-A football at large, but quickly adds, "I don't work for college football at large."

Just riled me to read that. Seems like he's in it more for his own major conference and not for the whole division. Sounds like a guy that wants to keep the money in the big conferences regardless of what their coaches say, what the public says, and what's probably the right thing. I'd hate to see how he treats his neighbors and I'd hate to see this guy go into state/national politics.

Jerk.

That was actually the part that made me identify with him more. He has a job to do for the schools who hired him, and he's doing the best he can to benefit those schools. It's up to the non-BCS conferences to do the best job they can and get things changed, or better yet, the spineless NCAA step up and do something.

He readily admits a playoff could be good for Division I-A football at large, but quickly adds, "I don't work for college football at large."

Just riled me to read that. Seems like he's in it more for his own major conference and not for the whole division. Sounds like a guy that wants to keep the money in the big conferences regardless of what their coaches say, what the public says, and what's probably the right thing. I'd hate to see how he treats his neighbors and I'd hate to see this guy go into state/national politics.

Somebody in an earlier thread mentioned how Darrell Royal told Hayden Fry that NTSU would get 1/2 of the gate from the game against UT because, as he saw it, North Texas was 1/2 of the game. What a different attitude from this fella!