For The High School Hc Haters

NT03

I know there a few out there so I just want to say this. Yes , we have a HIGH SCHOOL HEAD COACH. The most decorated Head Coaches in history have started out at the HIGH SCHOOL level.Guys like Lombardi , Bear Bryant & Walsh ,just to name a few, all once roamed the sidelines at the HS level. I understand that you have concerns. I'm sure for every Todd Dodge there is a Dennis Parker. We all have , and will have concerns no matter who is at the helm. If we had Bill Cowher some would say, oh he's too intense for our kids. If we had a Joe Gibbs some would say he's too old to get our kids. If we had a Bill Belichick people would complain his system is just too complicated for our kids.If Paterno or Bowden came into town , people would say oh they are about to die or something. Anyways you get my point. There is not 1 coach in America that does not have a question mark by his name.

There is NOT a coach in the country that we could of got that could create more BUZZ to UNT Football than Mr. TODD DODGE. I'm sure most still don't think we will beat the OUs and Arkansas of the world next year, but most on the board are excited because we feel that in the near future we will be able to not only compete with the big boys , but to also knock off a few each year. 1,000s of kids year in a year out make the same jump as TD is making going straight to College. I really can't see a HUGE gap between coaching and playing at the next level for people. I don't know if he will work out or not , nobody can see the future. I do know that it takes some type of Football IQ to go 78-1. You can't just put any half ass, go thru the motions guy @ SLC and WIN in Texas HS Football.

I guess in a perfect world all on the GMG board would be on the same page about the hiring. But , in a perfect world Id be able to go to Target this weekend and finish my Christmas shopping and face no lines or traffic. Just for the end of the year pretend to be happy about the HIGH SCHOOL COACH TD coming to town.

If you want to Bitch and Moan please , feel free to do so. But , do it to these coaches. If you were to read what these men said and not knew who they were talking about , I'm sure you would have been ecstatic on finding out just who we were going to get. Don't argue with us and be NEGATIVE on HIGH SCHOOL coach , go argue with these guys. If you want to do so then I'm sure that you are more qualified than these men and know a hell of a lot more.

Bill Parcells, Dallas Cowboys head football coach

"From someone who has followed Todd's accomplishments for the past few years, I would say he is a coach who knows how to put together a successful operation and compete at a high level for an extended period of time. He has built a team and a philosophy that has staying power. In my personal dealings with him, I was impressed with his knowledge of the game, his dedication to the profession and his desire to succeed."

Mack Brown, University of Texas head football coach

"Todd is a credit to both the University of Texas and the high school coaches in this state. He's a great coach and an even better person. A coach is a coach at any level, and Todd understands the role of the coach. He's had a lot of success and touched a lot of lives, and he is going to continue to do that. It will be a great fit for him, and North Texas is lucky to have him."

Gary Pinkel, University of Missouri head football coach

"This is a great hire for North Texas. Todd Dodge is obviously a proven winner and a great motivator of young men. His offensive knowledge and his development of young quarterbacks is as good as anyone I've ever seen. I'm sure he will have great success and be a tremendous asset to the university."

Edited by NT03

Gary Pinkel, University of Missouri head football coach

"This is a great hire for North Texas. Todd Dodge is obviously a proven winner and a great motivator of young men. His offensive knowledge and his development of young quarterbacks is as good as anyone I've ever seen. I'm sure he will have great success and be a tremendous asset to the university."

This coming from a guy who is in love with a QB he developed. I love the other 2 coaches but this one is a true testament.

I think that When someone in high school of all places can take a group of kids and not the most talented kids in a school District. (Dont Get me wrong the have talent out there but not as much as some ther DFW schools). Go all over the DFW area and Kick ass against teams that have so called Big time talent in DFW and still have a 78-1 record. That is not by luck that is a real program and it takes the right coaches putting the right players in the best position to win.

I went to Lake Highland back when they use to win and People always wonder why we where so good. It came down to the talent and not coaching. When we played a team like a SLC we would lose not because when did not have the talent but because someone like TD was on the other side of the ball making the right calls for his team to win. (P.S. and the fact we ran the damn wishbone) Ane we relyed on just talent and that runs out after time.

Look at Lake Highlands now the suck like hell.

I went to Lake Highland back when they use to win and People always wonder why we where so good. It came down to the talent and not coaching. When we played a team like a SLC we would lose not because when did not have the talent but because someone like TD was on the other side of the ball making the right calls for his team to win. (P.S. and the fact we ran the damn wishbone) Ane we relyed on just talent and that runs out after time.

Look at Lake Highlands now the suck like hell.

Yes I am very disappointed in my Alma Mater. After Marcus Stiggers and Daveren Hightower left the team starting going downhill. Losing Zoffuto was a major blow, as well as losing Ledbetter and Coach Harry to Berkner and Richardson High as HC.

Hopefully they will make it back but History is not looking good. :unsure:

Edited by untbowler

Folks, everybody makes mistakes. However, please just read your post once before hitting that submit button just to make sure that it is comprehensible. We want to hear what you have to say, but it doesn't do any good if we can't figure out what you are trying to say. Also, your argument will always carry more weight if it is grammatically correct in its presentation.

GMG!

P.S. - not trying to be an A-Hole here, but Emmitt makes a very legitimate gripe.