Start Promoting A Fouts Field "GREEN OUT" For TD's

PlummMeanGreen

We already know that we can get 25,000+/- for home season opening games at Fouts Field of which promotions for those games usually haven't really started seriously until August (just weeks before those home openers).

A "GREEN OUT" would be 30,000 plus of all of of us wearing our solid green shirts, gear, etc, etc, etc, and there would be a special invite from the UNT president along with Rick Villarreal and Todd Dodge to all Southlake Carroll area fans to be "special guest" of the University of North Texas for this uh............

A bumper sticker idea below?

.............................................................................................

GREEN OUT FOUTS! SEPT. ___, 2007

.......DODGE BALL WITH US!.............

.............................................................................................

Thoughts? Other ideas for such a promotion (or one similar you also have in mind)?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Plumm, Can we agree on one damn color of green?

GO FOREST GREEN!

I think you have to go with the new kelly green. I have a picture of the student side that was pretty packed during the SMU game and most of them were wearing the newer shade. It looked really really good!

I like the idea. We should have "Fouts Green Outs" for every game

Edited by Eagle1855

I think you have to go with the new kelly green. I have a picture of the student side that was pretty packed during the SMU game and most of them were wearing the newer shade. It looked really really good!

I like the idea. We should have "Fouts Green Outs" for every game

Kelly green really does show up better when those TV cameras pan the crowd. Of course, many of us still like the forest green, too. blink.gif

We would need UNT officials to tell us what to do on this one and most of us would follow their lead with this (if this were done at all).

i think the school is going to keep kelly green as the main one, at freshman orientation the shirts were kelly green and when ever going into the store it seems there are alot more kelly green then forest green clothing

Then kelly green it will be for most then. Guess we all do need to honor what the school is trying to promote as our official color? Actually, I think kelly green was our official school color many decades ago, too, wasn't it?

One problem with Kelly green, it's not the color our team wears!!!  When the team starts wearing Kelly green then I think the fans will begin to switch over.  However, I have no problem wearing Kelly green for a "green out" date!

I am a fan of the Kelly Green and I hope that the team switches. Kelly just shows up so much better in the stands.

To be honest, I'd be satisfied with everybody showing up in ANY shade of green.

laugh.gif

Of course, isn't the kiss of death for this idea having any semblance of a chance of gaining legs is that it originated from an actual UNT graduate and it showed up on GoMeanGreen.com rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

I think most of us really don't care who gets the job done at UNT, just so the job gets done? We don't have time for popularity contests any longer in Mean Green Country for those staffers who would buy the most beers for the easily influenced by such atttention types.

Just my .02, but I've most always felt UNT AD Rick Villarreal was a true NCAA D1-A admininstrative talent (even without Bobby Ray trying to be his post defacto AD) rolleyes.gif ......

.......but many of us just hope Rick V will continue to tweak his entire staff and surround himself with others who would be loyal to him (rather than perhaps having 1 or 2 around who might very subtlely be trying to undo his reputation behind his back in order to enhance their own situation)? ph34r.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

No offense, but you gentlemen don't have the inside scoop on the uniform colors.... No men (except the coaches and players) were invited to last years "Football 101" for women fans only. I definitely don't need to "learn" about football as I live, sleep, eat and breath it... But it was a worthy donation to the program and a chance to mingle with team.

We were told in that meeting that they didn't get their order for the Kelly uniforms in early enough to have the color change last year when the helmet logo changed. Apparently there is about a 9 month lead time to be able to completely change uniforms.

I don't know anything about the helmet logo this year, but if you were at or watched the press conference.... the backdrop behind the podium....THAT is the Kelly green that will be on us next year. Also, if youv'e been past the stadium there is one lone concession stand that you can see from the highway that is already painted in the new color.

Just wear green baby!!! Fouts Green Outs -- has a nice ring!!

No offense, but you gentlemen don't have the inside scoop on the uniform colors.... No men (except the coaches and players) were invited to last years "Football 101" for women fans only. I definitely don't need to "learn" about football as I live, sleep, eat and breath it... But it was a worthy donation to the program and a chance to mingle with team.

We were told in that meeting that they didn't get their order for the Kelly uniforms in early enough to have the color change last year when the helmet logo changed. Apparently there is about a 9 month lead time to be able to completely change uniforms.

I don't know anything about the helmet logo this year, but if you were at or watched the press conference.... the backdrop behind the podium....THAT is the Kelly green that will be on us next year. Also, if youv'e been past the stadium there is one lone concession stand that you can see from the highway that is already painted in the new color.

Just wear green baby!!! Fouts Green Outs -- has a nice ring!!

New Dodge Ball Era ='s New Mean Green Unis' & Helmet Tweaking? Surely This Is A No Brainer?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I think the helmets look fine. If they do change I really hope they don't go with the Philadelphia Eagles helmets. Lets be original. I'm not sure how good the new eagle would look either. I say keep the "North Texas" on the helmets but a change of color wouldn't be bad.