Watson Brown

Charlie NT 73

I read in the DMN, that Watson Brown has left UAB to become the the new HC at

Tenn Tech. Also, Samford University has hired Pat Sullivan as their new HC.

Looks like UAB has cleaned house. I am surprized about Brown going to Tenn Tech.

Samford University, is 1-AA. The school is located in a upscale suburb of B'ham AL,

I beleive in the Hoover AL area.

I was transfered to Birmingham back in '86, and lived in Helena AL for almost 8 years. The entire state of Alabama is football crazy! You are either a Tide fan or a

War Eagle, Auburn fan, nothing in between. This war between Tide fans and Auburn fans is year round. I remember talking to a Tide fan one day. I stated that I just moved to the B'ham area. Before I could continue the conversation, the

Alabama fan,out of nowhere states," Your quarterback steped out of bounds" I was

puzzled and ask what are you taking about. The Tide fan was referring to the Texas

-Alabama Cotton Bowl game where the Texas QB, I beleive it was James Street,

did step out of bounds on the winning TD run. The Tide fans never forget anything

regarding Bear Bryant and the Alabama Crimson Tide.

I can see why the big name coaches are turning down the HC job. As the HC, you

must beat Auburn every year, or you will lose your job, reguardless of your record.

Charlie