Athlon's Sideline Spirit Award Contest

ADLER

user posted image

Caris Tschauner, a sophomore psychology major and co-captain of the North Texas Dancers, reached the finals of the 2006 Samsung Sideline Spirit Award Contest sponsored by AthlonSports.com by being the top finisher in Round Three of the competition. She is competing against eight other students in the finals. Please keep voting for her until 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 14, at athlonsports.com

The winner of this year's competition will win a prize pack for their school including $1,000 cash, 42" and 32" Samsung LCD Flat-Panel Televisions, A Samsung Sports Camcorder, and Hi-Fi Conversion DVD recorder. Furthermore the winning contestant will be featured in a photo shoot in Athlon Sports' 2007 College Football Annual.

The North Texas Dance Team can really use this equipment. Please help them win it.

THIS IS IT!!! The final round of Sideline Spirit is now underway! Cast your vote now and keep voting until the polls close!

VOTE FOR CARIS

user posted image

Caris Tschauner, a sophomore psychology major and co-captain of the North Texas Dancers, reached the finals of the 2006 Samsung Sideline Spirit Award Contest sponsored by AthlonSports.com by being the top finisher in Round Three of the competition. She is competing against eight other students in the finals. Please keep voting for her until 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 14, at athlonsports.com

The winner of this year's competition will win a prize pack for their school including $1,000 cash, 42" and 32" Samsung LCD Flat-Panel Televisions, A Samsung Sports Camcorder, and Hi-Fi Conversion DVD recorder. Furthermore the winning contestant will be featured in a photo shoot in Athlon Sports' 2007 College Football Annual.

The North Texas Dance Team can really use this equipment. Please help them win it.

THIS IS IT!!! The final round of Sideline Spirit is now underway! Cast your vote now and keep voting until the polls close!

VOTE FOR CARIS

Bump...

Nice photo, eh? blink.gif

As of this morning: 33,500 vote lead and all quiet on the eastern front.

Final Round - 2006

Caris Tschauner (Sun Belt) 173,562

Shawn Manners (SEC) 140,032

Lindsey Visnic (Big East) 92,742

Jovauna Currey (Pac-10) 62,510

Taylor Yates (SEC) 25,360

Kimberly Barksdale (ACC) 12,591

Vanessa Marrero (Sun Belt) 10,155

Elissa Glavash (Big Ten) 3,453

Holly Thomas (Big 12) 3,126

Click HERE to vote for Caris

Voting has been extremely slow today compared to the furious pace of last Sunday.

Will there be a final counteroffensive by our opponents, or are they ready to concede defeat. It's still too early to call.

Keep checking, and keep voting.

Final Round - 2006 Tonight 9:00

Caris Tschauner (Sun Belt) 176,800

Shawn Manners (SEC) 141,248

Lindsey Visnic (Big East) 93,446

Jovauna Currey (Pac-10) 62,515

Taylor Yates (SEC) 25,394

Kimberly Barksdale (ACC) 13,596

Vanessa Marrero (Sun Belt) 10,162

Elissa Glavash (Big Ten) 3,480

Holly Thomas (Big 12) 3,137

Vote for Caris

I wonder if a disgruntled UTK fan was behind shutting down your messageboard in order to keep people from having a direct link to the Athlon voting poll hoping that people on the Sun Belt's end would be too lazy to do a search on the link even if they didn't know it.

dry.gif

Nope...not smart enough. blink.gifhuh.gif

Too much inbreading. blink.gifhuh.gifohmy.gif

Cletus and Brandine are making out. Brandine stops and asks: "Cletus...why did you have to park in view of my parents?"

Cletus replies: "Now brandine...they's my parents too." laugh.gif

Nope...not smart enough.  blink.gif  huh.gif

Too much inbreading.  blink.gif  huh.gif  ohmy.gif

Cletus and Brandine are making out. Brandine stops and asks: "Cletus...why did you have to park in view of my parents?"

Cletus replies: "Now brandine...they's my parents too."  laugh.gif

It tends to help your case when you spell "inbreeding" correctly.

Is it me or is she a separated-at-birth candidate with Britney Spears?? Dead ringer to me.....

I think the reason why so many people like Caris' appearance is because she comes across as beautiful, yet normal. She's doesn't come across as the superficial runway model with fake breasts and eyelash implants. She's just normal.

When it comes to dating a hot chick, to me there's a such thing as TOO perfect. There's alot of ladies on in the competition that look TOO perfect. But Caris is one that's just right. I see I'm not alone.

Check out the map. She's getting support in states other than Texas including some of the Midwest states which kind of surprises me.

--She will win $1000 ... maybe the poor kid will able to buy a pair of decent pants....LOL

---Tennessee voting may have slowed because they realize they can not win or then again they may really make a push late in the week.... keep looking... need to keep the 20,000 lead which may discourage them from making a last minute run..

--She will win $1000 ... maybe the poor kid will able to buy a pair of decent pants....LOL

---Tennessee voting may have slowed because they realize they can not win or then again they may really make a push late in the week.... keep looking... need to keep the 20,000 lead which may discourage them from making a last minute run..

I don't think SHE gets anything...I think the school gets the loot.

I don't think SHE gets anything...I think the school gets the loot.

Caris would be "featured in a photo shoot in Athlon Sports' 2007 College Football Annual" according to the Athlon website. But the site also says:

"The winner of this year's competition will win a prize pack for their school including $1,000 cash, 42" and 32" Samsung LCD Flat-Panel Televisions, A Samsung Sports Camcorder, and Hi-Fi Conversion DVD recorder."

So she gets in their magazine. The money and gear goes to UNT.

Just to clarify this because it's been mis-stated several times. She doesn't get $1000.00, the school does. In case of doubt, check the Athlon site for the prizes. All prizes are awarded to the school. They will probably be handed directly to the Dance Team for training equipment.

Nope...not smart enough.  blink.gif   huh.gif

Too much inbreading.  blink.gif  huh.gif  ohmy.gif

Cletus replies: "Now brandine...they's my parents too."  laugh.gif

Ahem,

breeding is what you do when you are expecting offspring, breading is what you do if you want crispy chicken.

Cletus is more of an ethnic name than a regional name, and I'm fairly certain that "Brudine" spells her name with a Y and not an I. I can't speak toward their parentage, not knowing the unfortunate couple.

So if you want to be bigoted toward a certain group, please take the time to use the correct slurs.

Oh, and incase you really missed the irony in your post, it was a Tennessean, that posed the question to which you replied, or at least a supporter of a Middle Tennessee School.

As to the smart enough, well perhaps not, but then I also would not be malicious enough to want to take down a message board over a contest.

Edited by justpassingby

Ahem,

breeding is what you do when you are expecting offspring,  breading is what you do if you want crispy chicken.

Cletus is more of an ethnic name than a regional name, and I'm fairly certain that "Brudine" spells her name with a Y and not an I.  I can't speak toward their parentage, not knowing the unfortunate couple.

So if you want to be bigoted toward a certain group, please take the time to use the correct slurs. 

Oh, and incase you really missed the irony in your post,  it was a Tennessean,  that posed the question to which you replied,  or at least a supporter of a Middle Tennessee School.

As to the smart enough,  well perhaps not,  but then I also would not be malicious enough to want to take down a message board over a contest.

Ohhh. He told you. biggrin.gif

I wonder if a disgruntled UTK fan was behind shutting down your messageboard in order to keep people from having a direct link to the Athlon voting poll hoping that people on the Sun Belt's end would be too lazy to do a search on the link even if they didn't know it.

dry.gif

I'm not going to give you a hard time as much as it pains me, but you are supporting your conference and I can respect that, but why oh why did you not defend your state when the Cletus and Burdine crack was made?

Good luck in your bowl game.

Caris would be "featured in a photo shoot in Athlon Sports' 2007 College Football Annual" according to the Athlon website. But the site also says:

"The winner of this year's competition will win a prize pack for their school including $1,000 cash, 42" and 32" Samsung LCD Flat-Panel Televisions, A Samsung Sports Camcorder, and Hi-Fi Conversion DVD recorder."

So she gets in their magazine. The money and gear goes to UNT.

Smitty,

Thanks for the fun jibes back and forth, you and the others are welcome to come to Volnation any time you like, I'm Kola52 over there.

Other than a few obnoxious people on both sides, it was really pretty fun!

Smitty,

Thanks for the fun jibes back and forth,  you and the others are welcome to come to Volnation any time you like,  I'm Kola52 over there. 

Other than a few obnoxious people on both sides, it was really pretty fun!

I feel the same way, and I enjoyed the visits, Kola52. Good luck against Penn State, and I'll visit VolNation again.