Georgia Tech's Modkins interested in UNT job

Harry

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/...1.3eb9158f.html

UTEP's Price has not been contacted

06:37 PM CST on Thursday, November 30, 2006

By Brett Vito/Staff Writer

Georgia Tech running backs coach Curtis Modkins expressed interest in North Texas' opening for a head coach on Thursday.

Modkins played at TCU and was an assistant coach at the school from 1995-97. UNT athletic director Rick Villarreal was the director of football operations and was also an assistant athletic director at TCU over the same three years.

Modkins is in his fifth year at Georgia Tech and his fourth as running backs coach. He has yet to be contacted by UNT, but said he would be interested in talking about the job after Georgia Tech's season.

UNT is looking for a replacement for Darrell Dickey, who was fired in the middle of his ninth season with the Mean Green.

Briefly …

UTEP offensive coordinator Eric Price said Thursday that he is still interested in UNT's opening for a head coach but has yet to be contacted by the school. Midwestern State head coach Bill Maskill also expressed interest in the job but has not heard from UNT.

BRETT VITO can be reached at 940-566-6870. His e-mail address is bvito@dentonrc.com.

Georgia Tech running backs coach Curtis Modkins... has yet to be contacted by UNT,

UTEP offensive coordinator Eric Price ....has yet to be contacted by the school.

Midwestern State head coach Bill Maskill also expressed interest in the job but has not heard from UNT.

Hummm, sounds like a lot of applicant-wishing going on here. Is the media helping to float these names to drum up interest in them?

"GMG's Harry also expressed interest in the job but has not heard from UNT." ohmy.gif

Edited by NT80

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/...1.3eb9158f.html

UTEP's Price has not been contacted

06:37 PM CST on Thursday, November 30, 2006

By Brett Vito/Staff Writer

. . . . . . . .

UTEP offensive coordinator Eric Price said Thursday that he is still interested in UNT's opening for a head coach but has yet to be contacted by the school. Midwestern State head coach Bill Maskill also expressed interest in the job but has not heard from UNT.

This is ridiculous.

How can this be?

Please RV - Please contact Price

could these people not be contacted because RV has already decided who to hire but has to wait the 30 days and after the BOR meeting today?

Nope, not at all. There is a common theme here guys. If you have either worked with RV or know him, then you will more than likely get an interview or be contacted. If you didn't, then you won't. It is that simple. And this process is a

JOKE (I borrowed something from you Plumm)

Our only option may be to start emailing the BOR individuals demanding that RV look at all possible options. You know RV can take as long as he wants in this, there is NO CHANCE that there are other schools going after guys like Modkins.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Nope, not at all.  There is a common theme here guys.  If you have either worked with RV or know him, then you will more than likely get an interview or be contacted.  If you didn't, then you won't.  It is that simple.

Most media names floated have said they have NOT been contacted, and no official interviews that I've seen reported. Sullivan and Nix were contacted but was that out of courtesy or requirement as some have suggested? Chambers was rumored to have been contacted and offered but he's not worked with RV before. The silence from RV and the timing of the BOR meeting tomorrow could mean something. I know he was reading on here today and I'm sure (or hope) he knows our stance on most applicants....***hire Dodge***...... rolleyes.gif

Okay people, please teel me how happy the SLC residents owuld be if Dodge were to admit talking to a potential employer during his team's playoff run?

Pretty pissed off.

Sometimes press releases are nothing more than disinformation. Its pretty obvious that the people tasked to write columns are in the dark as we are, but they still have a deadline to meet. Which sometimes means grasping at straws.

I don't remember who stated that no one would be interested in this job, but that is definitely not the case.

No one knows who has and hasn't been contacted but RV. Period, end of story, done. Denials and names being leaked are part of ANY coaching search, especially while seasons are still progressing. We don't have to have something to freak out over every day, you know... we'll know who we hire when it's announced.

No one knows who has and hasn't been contacted but RV. Period, end of story, done. Denials and names being leaked are part of ANY coaching search, especially while seasons are still progressing. We don't have to have something to freak out over every day, you know...  we'll know who we hire when it's announced.

Granted. However; rumor, speculation, inuendo, sarcasm, fabrication, insinuation, meaningless banter, Quoner and Shaft (no pun intended) are all part of the message board experience. Isn't it fun?

Now my two cents------HIRE DODGE.

ok this is getting ridiculous, everyone of the candidates have been associated with RV, so unless he is pulling a fast one this does not look good, even the die-hards have to be somewhat suspicious.

Butler, then Nix, then Sullivan, and now Modkins.  dry.gif

I'm starting to notice a trend here...former RV associates seem to be coming out of the woodwork.

Okay people, please teel me how happy the SLC residents owuld be if Dodge were to admit talking to a potential employer during his team's playoff run?

Pretty pissed off.

Sometimes press releases are nothing more than disinformation.  Its pretty obvious that the people tasked to write columns are in the dark as we are, but they still have a deadline to meet.  Which sometimes means grasping at straws.

I don't remember who stated that no one would be interested in this job, but that is definitely not the case.

So I guess they are pissed off when he takes time out of his schedule to answer the phone? Or wait, SLC residents are pissed off when they learn that he actually took time to read one of those pink "while you were out" slips that shows that RV called to inquire about doing an interview at the end of the season?

Please. It takes so little amount of time to make "contact". After all, who knows what "contact" means when these other coaches mention it.

To confirm various otherwise potentially questionable reports, I want it to be known that I am interested but haven't been contacted.

Same here...I'd like to be considered for the HC job and I worked in the concession stand with RV last year. Seems to me like that should count for something?!?! huh.gif RV, I'm waiting by the phone for that call! ph34r.gif

Guest Aquila_Viridis

...I worked in the concession stand with RV last year.  Seems to me like that should count for something?!?!

You bet, and I have actually attended many games and watched many more on TV. Besides that, I have learned a lot getting stomped by my 12-year old in Madden. For example, I learned that no matter how hard or how many times you hit the controller against the table, it doesn't improve the outcome. Unfortunately, though I learned that, I still can't stop doing it. (I think we just gained some insight into our former coach's insistence on running up the middle.) I also once shook hands with Herman Moore and learned that his hand is about as big as my torso. Further, my wife went to school with Tim Brown. With these connections, we're sure to recruit some great receivers.

Diet Coke Boy will no doubt be swept out with the rest. With your concessions experience, I'm sure RV will find a place for you on the sidelines! biggrin.gif

Maybe he's not the best qualified for an interview?  I've only seen Fisher as confirmed for an interview, and Chambers was rumored to have had one.  I'm interested but they haven't contacted me either.  rolleyes.gif

Well Fisher is now out.

I just don't see how you can't interview a guy with his background and credentials - especially when he talks about the job to the media in such a positive manner.

See P.59 of this link for an overview of his experience - http://www.utepathletics.com/pdf3/41022.pd...&DB_OEM_ID=2100

See also this Link re: his interest in the job - http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/...5.3aae1486.html

When people ask - will you support RV no matter who he chooses? - I say it depends on who is hired and who was not interviewed.

Well Fisher is now out. 

I just don't see how you can't interview a guy with his background and credentials -  especially when he talks about the job to the media in such a positive manner.

See P.59 of this link for an overview of his experience - http://www.utepathletics.com/pdf3/41022.pd...&DB_OEM_ID=2100

See also this Link re: his interest in the job - http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/...5.3aae1486.html

When people ask - will you support RV no matter who he chooses? - I say it depends on who is hired and who was not interviewed.

Who said Fisher was out now? RV just said he didn't have an interview this weekend, maybe Monday?

And I'm not sold on Eric Price at all. What has he done besides getting jobs on his Dad's staffs?

QB coach a couple years at Cal-Poly and Northern Arizona, QB coach with Dad at Wash. St., one year as QB coach at the Jets (why not longer?), off a couple years, and now at UTEP since 2004 with Daddy again. This is quality?