OMG CNN is so over the top liberal how can any of you guys liberal or conservative not notice.

On nearly everything CNN reports they slip in some kind of liberal critique or slant. CNN is so sickening one sided they should not even be allowed to use the word NEWS in their title.

Fox news, now just the News part is right down the middle, but most have lived on the left for so long by not hearing the backhanded liberal comments constantly they feel it is right wing.

I find it refreshing that FOX new does not throw political comments in at every opportunity during their News broadcasts. Now their shows are right winged, I only wish they would take Bill O'Reilly the heck off the air. He is so full of himself and is so abrasive to his guests it is just sad. He has some really good people on at times but he just manhandles them, liberal or conservative. Plus Bill is all over the place, I am guessing he still is I have not watched a thing of his in two years.

So, I guess I'm still trying to figure out where (and yes I consider myself liberal, voted for FOX as more right) how that NPR comes in on this discussion as anywhere right of center. And I do consider the possibility that their policy of at least attempting to bring in someone to present each side as somehow putting them near the center, but right? I don't get that.

I did notice that when the Republicans took over congress with their "Contract With America" that the part about doing away with support for PBS got dropped right away. I was wondering if that had something to do with my favorite conservative, William F. Buckley, not be considered as likely to be invited on to the CBS (especially at the time), or other broadcast networks' shows featuring political commentary, whereas he and other conservatives, like Milton Friedman, were seen on PBS at times.

Edited by eulessismore

Let's play "What Did Green Gas Search For?"...

I am sorry do I know you? Are you taking a shot at me? Sorry if I do not understand.

So far we're pretty much split down the middle...

maybe there is actually very little extremism in this country and talks of communism or imperialism are pretty damn ridiculuous?

I'd have to agree with you. However, as a liberal Democrat in Texas, I feel much more more conservative than my liberal Democrat sister in San Francisco. Is that because she's my sister?

I'd have to agree with you. However, as a liberal Democrat in Texas, I feel much more more conservative than my liberal Democrat sister in San Francisco. Is that because she's my sister?

No, I think environment has quite a bit to do with it. In Texas you're forced to make concessions to friends and family and athletic board forum posters for the sake of your own sanity...for example when a 15 year old girl has the seed of an incestuous rape growing inside of her, there are times you just have to say "Yea...I can see that being God's plan, I agree abortion is evil." and then just kinda walk away, shaking your head.

Should you move to San Fransisco or come see me up in New Haven your liberalism would develop more out of mutual respect and intillectual discussion as oppossed to udder confussion or rage...thus its a healthier for your grasp of your own belief system.

I am sorry do I know you? Are you taking a shot at me? Sorry if I do not understand.

Nope, no shot! Just wondering how such an old thread got brought back up.... Quoner explained it, though... odds are someone voted -- for some reason -- and you just happened to be the first to comment.

Gas on, my friend!

Nope, no shot! Just wondering how such an old thread got brought back up.... Quoner explained it, though... odds are someone voted -- for some reason -- and you just happened to be the first to comment.

Gas on, my friend!

No worries my friend, I understand the train of thought now, I did not notice this thread was resurrected from the dead.