It is just one game!

untwillrise

I give props to UTA. Like everyody has said this is a rivalry. anybody can win. They came ready to play and we didn't. But do not act like this is the worst lost ever. UTA looked like a good team out there they have a very athletic postman, UNT's weakness.

All people are saying is that we played bad, but no one realizes that we have three new guys playing big minutes, Bell, JJ, and Wooden and Sturns who didn't play the last half of the season. We have to give the team time to mesh. We are not UNC or Duke so no matter what we do we would not get an automatic bid, look at W Kentucky last year. Our time is confrence play. I am proud of the team even though they played bad, had terrible refs, and got cheated at the end they played hard and were right in it.

So stop being depresive UNT fans who think nothing is good enough, Thats why basketball is better than football there is always next game.

In the post game interview Jones said that we should never have been in a position to lose on a last second shot. He also said this team has not played up to it's potential this year, including the Charlotte game. I hope he is right. I give props to UTA for playing hard and for bringing more fans to the game than I thought they had. At least the game was exciting.

I give props to UTA. Like everyody has said this is a rivalry. anybody can win. They came ready to play and we didn't. But do not act like this is the worst lost ever. UTA looked like a good team out there they have a very athletic postman, UNT's weakness.

All people are saying is that we played bad, but no one realizes that we have three new guys playing big minutes, Bell, JJ, and Wooden and Sturns who didn't play the last half of the season. We have to give the team time to mesh. We are not UNC or Duke so no matter what we do we would not get an automatic bid, look at W Kentucky last year. Our time is confrence play. I am proud of the team even though they played bad, had terrible refs, and got cheated at the end they played hard and were right in it.

So stop being depresive UNT fans who think nothing is good enough, Thats why basketball is better than football there is always next game.

...and neither is UTA. I like how you pointed out their strength to our weakness thing with the athletic postman. How many years with one of the nicest basketball facilities in the state to recruit to does it take to recruit an athletic postman of UTA's caliber?

Rick

We're still a really good team we have some kinks to work out though...if there is a such thing as a good loss the UTA game is that it shows the guys we cant go out and play half way and win the game. It shows us hey we gotta go out and work hard penetrate dish and find the 3 ball when it is open as the season goes along I think the guys will realize this i really do think Johnny Jones is a good coach just from watching his adjustments at half etc....We will be fine we have an enormous amount of talent for a SBC team and a good guy to lead them I think at this point. Lets go guys show the doubters and football only supporters you guys are for real.