Let's Talk MONEY $$$$ Cash in the bank $&

marc_moffitt

This is a tough one for me - I have no idea how much someone like Dickey pulled in. I do say though that if we hired Dodge, we would make some noise, and the media around here would love us. If he brought some studs with him, you would see a lot folks come out to watch. Heck I go to watch Ryan just to watch Florence coach. People go now to watch him coach SLC, so I don't know why they wouldn't come here to watch him coach.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

I was thinking about htis tonight a the gym and wanted to see what everone else thought about it. The facts are:

He's a winning coach

He's Well Respected

He's a "Salesman"

He draws attention

The parents and kids like him

The list goes on and on...

But I really think that, as we talk about how we are going to afford a new coach, we should be focused on finding someone who can more than pay for themselves.

In business, you look to hire someone that will make you more money than they cost. I think it would be a good idea to go after someone who can bring in the CASH, and get the ball rolling on the new stadium, whic is our ultimate goal for recruiting advantage.

BTW: Jim Mcinvale can KISS IT!!!

Edited by marc_moffitt

I was thinking about htis tonight a the gym and wanted to see what everone else thought about it. The facts are:

He's a winning coach

He's Well Respected

He's a "Salesman"

He draws attention

The parents and kids like him

The list goes on and on...

But I really think that, as we talk about how we are going to afford a new coach, we should be focused on finding someone who can more than pay for themselves.

In business, you look to hire someone that will make you more money than they cost. I think it would be a good idea to go after someone who can bring in the CASH, and get the ball rolling on the new stadium, whic is our ultimate goal for recruiting advantage.

BTW: Jim Mcinvale can KISS IT!!!

I've never heard that about Todd Dodge. In fact, I don't know much about his personality at all.

I will say that North Texas definitely needs a salesman......a tireless salesman.

I've never heard that about Todd Dodge. In fact, I don't know much about his personality at all.

I will say that North Texas definitely needs a salesman......a tireless salesman.

I've heard some good things about Dodge in the past, but never the slightest hint that he's a salesman. SLC doesn't need a salesman - they were big winners before Dodge arrived and will be after he's gone.

I've heard some good things about Dodge in the past, but never the slightest hint that he's a salesman. SLC doesn't need a salesman - they were big winners before Dodge arrived and will be after he's gone.

Exactly! When has he ever had to promote the SlC football program. I think never! We really need someone who has had to work in the community to build a program up.....or re-build a program.

Here is one sample of his ability to sell.

http://www.scholarshipmaker.com/AdvisoryBoard1.aspx

Exactly! When has he ever had to promote the SlC football program. I think never! We really need someone who has had to work in the community to build a program up.....or re-build a program.

The guy in that video is not someone who could build excitement right away. Now, with some media training he might be able to.

The guy in that video is not someone who could build excitement right away. Now, with some media training he might be able to.

Ok, maybe he isn't Mack Brown in the video, but, he wasn't talking about beating OU in that video either.

I am sure that he has a "110% voice" along with a "well, you win games by scoring more points than your opponent voice" somewhere in his bag.

I'm not against Dodge at all -- It would be an unconventional, exciting hire.. very boom/bust i would think. But I agree that there is no evidence whatsoever of him having a sales-driven personality or being an energizing force to a fan base in the manner that many of you are speaking. Again, I'm not AGAINST Dodge at all, I don't really know a ton about him, short of watching 7 or 8 SLC games over the past few years... but allow me to play devil's advocate, for conversation's sake:

This is a guy with no head coaching experience at the college level (any classification), who has not even been in the college ranks in ANY capacity for a decade. From what I have read and heard, his career record was around .500 and his teams never made any headlines or noise anywhere until he arrived at SLC -- a school with more inherent advantages than any other 5A program in the state - the only school in a large, prosperous, centrally located district, amazing facilities, big $$$, and a tradition of nothing but winning and winning BIG. It was a ready made situation. Nothing much changes in Southlake.

Not to say what Carroll has done hasn't been amazing - it has been, surely. I think Dodge seems like a good guy and a good coach. I'm just saying that we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves on this guy being the savior as some are. The background seems tenuous at best for a D-1 head coach. Coordinator, sure... but they're very different jobs.

That being said, none of us really has a clue how any of this will turn out, and how the coach selected will perform. I know I'll completely support whoever it is... I'm just reserving the right not to be seduced by the sexy names.

wow thats a badass salesman, i just bought 20 videos!!!