Flanagan's Contract ---NOT

tcooper

My opinion is DD is a good coach however he has put his trust in Flanagan as the Offensive coordinator. I think DD is too nice a guy to fire Flanagan as OC and it is killing the team... Get rid of Flanagan his contract is a non factor.... at least start there NOW.... TODAY....

Flanagan issues:

1) Can't recruit

2) Primadona

3) Can't make adjustments during game

4) Not a team player

5) Would rather fight with a fan than be a leader

I think this guy is so interested in going to the next level such as another team that he could care less about NT. Time for him to go NOW and let him have his dream... TODAY 10/25/06 let him go...

If it sounds like I don’t care for Flanagan, you are right. I don’t care for people with attitudes and especially those that aren’t team players… Maybe he will come after me in the stands…. That would be just fine… that is if I am at the game…

My opinion is DD is a good coach however he has put his trust in Flanagan as the Offensive coordinator.  I think DD is too nice a guy to fire Flanagan as OC and it is killing the team... Get rid of Flanagan his contract is a non factor.... at least start there NOW.... TODAY....

Flanagan issues:

1) Can't recruit

2) Primadona

4) Not a team player

I think this guy is so interested in going to the next level such as another team that he could care less about NT.  Time for him to go NOW and let him have his dream... TODAY 10/25/06 let him go...

If it sounds like I don’t care for Flanagan, you are right.  I don’t care for people with attitudes and especially those that aren’t team players… Maybe he will come after me in the stands…. That would be just fine… that is if I am at the game…

My opinion is DD is a good coach however he has put his trust in Flanagan as the Offensive coordinator.  I think DD is too nice a guy to fire Flanagan as OC and it is killing the team... Get rid of Flanagan his contract is a non factor.... at least start there NOW.... TODAY....

Flanagan issues:

1) Can't recruit

2) Primadona

4) Not a team player

I think this guy is so interested in going to the next level such as another team that he could care less about NT.  Time for him to go NOW and let him have his dream... TODAY 10/25/06 let him go...

If it sounds like I don’t care for Flanagan, you are right.  I don’t care for people with attitudes and especially those that aren’t team players… Maybe he will come after me in the stands…. That would be just fine… that is if I am at the game…

Amen and Ditto

You're making up excuses for the guy. DD controls offensive playcalling and the sytem this team uses. The head coach is the be all end all regarding a team's planned offensive & defensve identities.

However, if DD does somehow slide on by into next season, he may pull the good ol' "coach on the extreme hot seat move" and fire several coaches. Most likely Offensive coordinator & Offensive line coach. Of course, this is all speculation.

It doesn't matter who he hires because we will see more of the same. I'm sure Flanigan is a "yes man" when it comes to his job and what DD wants the offense to do. How else can you explain ANYONE on the offensive side of the ball keeping their jobs after several dismal offensive seasons.

Edited by Got5onIt

You're making up excuses for the guy. DD controls offensive playcalling and the sytem this team uses. The head coach is the be all end all regarding a team's planned offensive & defensve identities.

However, if DD does somehow slide on by into next season, he may pull the good ol' "coach on the extreme hot seat move" and fire several coaches. Most likely Offensive coordinator & Offensive line coach. Of course, this is all speculation.

It doesn't matter who he hires because we will see more of the same. I'm sure Flanigan is a "yes man" when it comes to his job and what DD wants the offense to do. How else can you explain ANYONE on the offensive side of the ball keeping their jobs after several dismal offensive seasons.

I will not venture to say whether you guys are right or wrong about Coach Dickey but I will say from a Troy perspective that our change in personel last year has been beneficial. With the hiring of Tony Franklin as OC and Matt Moore as OL Coach not only has the offensive production improved but the line play is greatly improved. I am not sure how DD manages the game but Larry Blakeney pretty much lets the coordinators do their thing. He adds input on certain situations but they get to do their jobs. Sometimes a change in certain personel is the missing ingredient. Troy's just happened to be the OC and OL coach which almost every Troy fan was calling for. A few were saying fire LB but most were saying fire the OC and Ol coach. And don't forget that LB let the lack of offensive output go on for 3 seasons under the former OC so Troy fans are familiar with your pain. Didn't DD take you guys on the 26 game conference win streak? Doesn't he deserve to make the needed adjustments to the team personel after being successful before last season and this season? Again I am not in the loop so I don't know about the entire situation so this entirely an outsiders observation.

I will not venture to say whether you guys are right or wrong about Coach Dickey but I will say from a Troy perspective that our change in personel last year has been beneficial.  With the hiring of Tony Franklin as OC and Matt Moore as OL Coach not only has the offensive production improved but the line play is greatly improved.  I am not sure how DD manages the game but Larry Blakeney pretty much lets the coordinators do their thing.  He adds input on certain situations but they get to do their jobs.  Sometimes a change in certain personel is the missing ingredient.  Troy's just happened to be the OC and OL coach which almost every Troy fan was calling for.  A few were saying fire LB but most were saying fire the OC and Ol coach.  And don't forget that LB let the lack of offensive output go on for 3 seasons under the former OC so Troy fans are familiar with your pain.  Didn't DD take you guys on the 26 game conference win streak?  Doesn't he deserve to make the needed adjustments to the team personel after being successful before last season and this season?  Again I am not in the loop so I don't know about the entire situation so this entirely an outsiders observation.

Ideally, that would be a place to start. However, DD holds more control over the playcalling. He has to approve every call that goes in. So in our case, while I do think canning the OL coach and even RF would be helpful, I don't think it would remedy the situation. However, it is nice to hear that our conference mates are getting the picture and making adjustments to the coaching staff.... hopefully we will soon follow suit!

This should have taken place already. Our OL play is atrocious. And we know about the 5 play playbook offensive coordinator. dry.gif

I think this guy is so interested in going to the next level such as another team that he could care less about NT. Time for him to go NOW and let him have his dream... TODAY 10/25/06 let him go...

I would LOVE to see his "next level". I can't imagine anyone would want him after his time here. I was at the McMath 8th grade game last night and their coaches called a better game than he does.

Didn't DD take you guys on the 26 game conference win streak?  Doesn't he deserve to make the needed adjustments to the team personel after being successful before last season and this season?  Again I am not in the loop so I don't know about the entire situation so this entirely an outsiders observation.

I would agree with you if after last year he made the adjustments to the personel. He had good reason to fire our OC after he tore into the stands to antagonize and fight with a fan/donor.

It honestly seems like he doesn't care to continue the type of football he had going during that 26 game conf. win streak. There are some on this board that would even say that win streak means/meant nothing. To me, it meant a lot, but doesn't mean anything now because when we were playing and beating those conf. teams we had a let down somewhere along the line and weren't able to build off of any of that momentum.

The type of energy that was on the sideline during that era was either provided by his players, or one of the assistant coaches that have since moved on/up (DeLoach perhaps). The energy is now non existent, and it is unacceptable.

I wouldn't mind seeing the same thing happen here that happened in Troy to be honest. But if Dickey has a problem switching OL and OC coaches, then he must go too.

It all starts and ends with the head guy.

The main problem: Dickey is a running-game first coach, and always will be. But he can't recruit properly for it. I don't believe he can adapt his offense to today's college game nor the players he can recruit to his offense. DD has tried to introduce some passing but always falls back to establish the run first.

How many 1-A schools still run smash-mouth offenses? Few, and it takes a heck of an OL. The trend is for Spread or Multiple Offenses. Players want to play it, fans want to watch it.

Time for a change. Time to take back control of OUR program! mad.gif