Glad I went to HC Game! Embarrassed I

First, let me say I posted on this board I would never attend another game coached by Darrell Dickey and Ramon. I said it, and Margie laughed at me. At the last minute I decided this IS MY UNIVERSITY, and I got there at 3pm. In my seat (gave the other 3 to young couple with daugter who didn't have tickets). Mark Miller came over to me, and drove home a very important point. "Rick, this is our school. We are proud of our school, and this is where you are supposed to be...supporting North Texas Athletics, win or lose."

He is SO RIGHT! So I got my bottles of water, and watched us lead 5-0 at the half. Then watched us tail 13-5. When they put Daniel Meager in, I left the game, stating, "Well, we've thrown in the towel, Dickey put Meager in...time to go home."

Well, what the hell do I know, anyway. I'm back in Dallas, and drove around for what seems like hours listening to Meager's last minute heorics, coupled with Hopovac's winning Field Goal in the 7th overtime.

First, I will never give up on this team ever again. I am ashamed of myself, and for all the others who have given up on this program. It is time for us to examine what we are made of anyway. Are we supporters of this program, win or lose, or are we just bandwagoners. I hope I have learned something here.

I turn 69 years old tomorrow (Monday). Older, and perhaps wiser.

GO! MEAN GREEN! FOREVER!

Those who didn't stay (or didn't go at all) and criticize the team and the fans for their outpouring of emotion at the end of the game can't appreciate how emotionally draining the game was.

And for the kids, they were on a knee between plays (both teams), on a knee on the sidelines.... After the last kick, half the FIU defense were laying on the field, heartbroken and spent.

Happy Birthday GG,

Glad you came back to the games. We need everybody. I too wanted to leave when Meager came in but my kids wanted autographs after the game and were sure we were going to win. I stayed and they got their autographs and a stroy about 7OTs to tell their buddies in 2nd and 3rd grades. I too had a blast watching the OT, not good football but exciting none the less.

Go Mean Green!

Good points UNT Flyer.

Emotion was seen on many fronts: one thing I was amazed about was all the noise coming from the student side when Hop lined up to kick in the 5th OT, I believe. I was asking my buddies why our fans would be yelling so loud when OUR guy is kicking.

Turns out it was the ENTIRE FIU team yelling their asses off on the sideline. And when you looked over at them, they were lined up and tiered like it was picture day. I was impressed with how TEAM they were.

not a great display of football, but on my top 10 list of most fun I have had seeing NT play:

Others off the top of my head:

2003 NT win vs Baylor at home, 52-14

1997 win vs Utah State, 51-48, Matt's last

(anyone see they beat Fresno State last night for their first win of the season)

1997 NT win over TT, 30-27

The two SMU wins of 1990 and 2006

1988 wins over TT, Rice and...Texas

2002 NOB win vs Cincy

gmg

First, I will never give up on this team ever again. I am ashamed of myself, and for all the others who have given up on this program. It is time for us to examine what we are made of anyway. Are we supporters of this program, win or lose, or are we just bandwagoners. I hope I have learned something here.

This needs to be tatooed on every poster on this board.

I don't think that DD can coach worth a damn. Our facilities in football suck, our attendence is bad and we need a better conference....

But as far as my support for the team and the univerity, read that quote.

Stick with it...there's an up after a down...

What a historical night! I joined the internet broadcast when we were up 2-0. I thought I had accidentally re-logged back onto the Tulsa game. We go up 5-0 and then I am frustrated because with all the breaks and good field position we can do NOTHING!. I continue to get disheartened as we fall apart and the Panthers go up 13 - 5. I leave the internet broadcast in the early 4Q to attend a meeting followed by a trip to Aloha Stadium. I am bummed throughout the night and venting to my friend about the Mean Green loss and dreadful play. Though I am in my Mean Green shirt and hat I feel like I am cheating on my team with every roar for Warriors after a score. I head home and decide to turn on the ticker to get the final score and yelled out - WE WON! IN OVERTIME! Later CSTV reports that in our first OT game we played 7OTs!!!

LOST is not just a show filmed on this island. I start trying to do the math and decide that certainly:

1. I heard wrong

2. I drank too much beer at the UH game

3. I have been up since 6:00am watching football so the math skills are worn

4. A combination of all of the above

Reading the board today brings back those memorable games of years past. This is my 20th year of UNT fandom and the games that this would have joined had I been there were: Miracle in the Desert, Utah State, SHSU (ended like the Cowboy game did today).

Enjoy the win no matter how we got it! At least you could have been there. At a minimum it's another week to keep the NOB alive!

GMG

First, let me say I posted on this board I would never attend another game coached by Darrell Dickey and Ramon. I said it, and Margie laughed at me. At the last minute I decided this IS MY UNIVERSITY, and I got there at 3pm. In my seat (gave the other 3 to young couple with daugter who didn't have tickets). Mark Miller came over to me, and drove home a very important point. "Rick, this is our school. We are proud of our school, and this is where you are supposed to be...supporting North Texas Athletics, win or lose."

He is SO RIGHT! So I got my bottles of water, and watched us lead 5-0 at the half. Then watched us tail 13-5. When they put Daniel Meager in, I left the game, stating, "Well, we've thrown in the towel, Dickey put Meager in...time to go home."

Well, what the hell do I know, anyway. I'm back in Dallas, and drove around for what seems like hours listening to Meager's last minute heorics, coupled with Hopovac's winning Field Goal in the 7th overtime.

I turn 69 years old tomorrow (Monday). Older, and perhaps wiser.

GO! MEAN GREEN! FOREVER!

I'm in the same boat. I left after Woody threw the INT returned for a TD. I wish I would have stayed. Happy Bday my friend.